After crying for a while he pulled away and looked at me. He cupped my cheeks and whipped my tears away with his tump. "What happened to your lip?"

Shit! He saw it, "I-I fell" He looked at me like he didn't believe me, "What happened Zoya?" "N-Nothing, I just miss my dad a lot, a lot" I whispered the last part.

He sighed and let go of me, "Come on, I'll drive you home" "NO! I-I mean, I still have work and you should also return to work" He didn't say anything and nodded.

He left and I went back to work. After working for 2 hours more it was time to go home. I went to the bus stop and waited for it, I didn't want to go home.

What if it happens again? What will I do? I can't take it anymore. I couldn't even talk to him probably because of yesterday.

When I arrived home, the lights were on. I went in and saw ami seating in the living room. "What did I tell you yesterday?" She said while standing up.

"I-I didn't meet him," I said while holding my bag tighter. She stood up and walked closer to me. She grabbed me by arm and pushed me down, she kicked me in my stomach while I tried to back away.

"I told you not to talk to guys and just do your job and then hand me the money!" She shouted and grabbed me by arm and made me stand up.

"I-I didn't talk to anyone," I said trying to hold my tears. *SLAP* She slapped me hard and then threw something on me.

"What is this?! Do you think I'm dumb?!" I looked at the pictures and was shocked to see them. It was pictures from today, it was pictures of me and Anthony.

"I'm warning you for the last time, if it happens again then you know what will happen," She said and left.

I fell on my knees and let my tears out, why? Why is all of this happening again? Abu, why did you leave me? I fell so alone, I'm so lonely without you.

I slowly stood up while holding my stomach, I started to walk upstairs but then I started to get dizzy. I took a deep breath and went to the bathroom.

I took my hijab off and stood under the shower, letting the cold water hit my whole body. I hate this, I hate all of this. Why is it happening again?

FLASHBACK
Zoya as 8 years old:

Zoya was playing with her sister with the dolls. "Baji, let's play catch," The little Nadia said while standing up. She started to run around while Zoya ran after her.

They were in the garden, and Zoya was trying to catch her. Nadia suddenly fell and started to cry. "Nadia, are you okay?" Zoya said while seating beside her and was getting worried about her little sister.

She shook her head and held her knee. Zoya looked at it and saw her knee bleeding, "I-It hurts" She said while crying.

Someone suddenly pushed Zoya away, "My baby, are you okay? Zoya, how many times have I told you not to fight with Nadia!" "I-It wasn't me," Zoya said while looking down.

"Don't lie to me!" Her stepmother said while pushing Zoya, she fell and hurt her hands and knees. She wanted to cry but knew that if she cried her stepmother will hit her.

Her stepmother took Nadia up in her arms and walked away from there, leaving the little Zoya there bleeding.

She slowly stood up and walked up to her room. She went to her little drawer and took the first aid kit, which was in her drawer.