41 ★ Disregard

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕠𝕩𝕖𝕣 - 𝕊𝕚𝕞𝕠𝕟 & 𝔾𝕒𝕣𝕗𝕦𝕟𝕜𝕖𝕝

"Still, a man hears what he wants to hear

and he disregards the rest"

Hendrix POV

As soon a Savannah enters my kitchen, Cedric hands Jamison off to her and returns to me in an instant.

I don't have time to ward him off when his arms go around me in a tight hold. I feel the tension leave him, and his labored breathing calm down. Despite my reluctance to accept him, his touch calms me too. All the stress seems to float away as soon as we're together.

His face goes to my neck and into my hair, taking a deep inhale and moaning slightly. He's the father of my child, but he's a weirdo sometimes, oh, and a jerk. A stupid jerk.

I let him hold me for as long as he wants. Somehow I know deep down that he needs this. As much as I want answers ASAP, I know he needs a second to collect himself. I'm mad at him, royally pissed to be exact, but this is probably a shock to him. I never told him I was pregnant. He needs to soak it in,

If there were any signs that we're meant for each other, it was the fact that I'm so in tune with him to the point that I felt like a psychic sometimes. I always know what he needs. It's bizarre.

His hand comes up once to touch my baby bump, running his long fingers over my shirt with amazement in his red eyes. That warm sensation flushes through me once again, and I can't say I didn't miss it.

"I.. I'm so sorry, baby. I never should have left. I always planned on coming back, when it was safer. But if I'd known... if I'd known..." He sighs, closing his eyes tight, "I wouldn't have left. I know that I shouldn't have, I knew it the moment I walked out your apartment door. I love you so much."

"If you'd known about the baby?"

He shakes his head.

"Obviously that's part of it. I want to take care of this baby, but it's mostly how hard you've it, how much you needed me here. It kills me. I've been so damn stupid. So selfish. I'm here now, and I'm not going anywhere."

Tears brim in my eyes, and I'm completely pathetic for crying so much. I could've handled this better. I want to make him to know how much he hurt me, but there will always be time for that later. Because his hushed, emotional words make me feel the safest I've felt since he left.

"I love you too." I say, but it comes out more of a strangled sob. I don't have the strength to lie. He smiles down at me, brushing away my tears and shushing me softly.

"I'll explain everything. In time, you will know everything and it will all make sense, okay? But first, I have some things to discuss with your friend here."

I bite my lip and nod, wrapping my arms around him tight one last time before he turns me around, hugging me to his chest from behind. I gladly lean back on him, trying to catch my breath as I continue to let out little sniffles.

I try to make eye contact with Jamison, but he won't stop staring at the floor. I want to reassure him that everything will be okay despite Savannah's death grip on him, but I don't know how this will play out. Cedric called him an Agent. I can't trust him either.

I feel like my world is falling apart. Jamison is the only one I've had for these past few months, and now it seems like it was all a lie.

It's the first time I notice another man in the room with dark amber hair. He's almost as huge as Cedric, tall and wide with muscles. His eyes are also similar to Cedric's, they sort of glow like headlights. But instead of red, they're a burnt yellow color.