39 ★ Chain of love

𝔻𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕪'𝕤 𝕊𝕠𝕟𝕘 - 𝕃𝕠𝕘𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕤 & 𝕄𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕒

"Even though we ain't got money

I'm so in love with ya, honey

And everything will bring a chain of love"

Cedric POV

"What are you doing?" Savannah wonders, leaning against the wall as she observes me with her head cocked.

I pause, staring at her across the room, shoving a shirt into my backpack and scowling at her. I didn't invite her here. She came into my house without permission. She knows how much I hate that.

"I'm leaving." I announce simply, grabbing more clothes and throwing them in as well. I impatiently rip open another drawer, searching for socks. My Beta clears her throat behind me. I barely glance at her. Her expression is hidden, steeled, but a certain uncertainty lurks there.

"This wouldn't have to do with the conversation we had a few days ago, would it?" She asks, and I give a short shake of my head.

She purses her lips, waiting on an explanation.

"Listen, screw the Red Alpha, alright? I've had enough of this. It's bull shit. I need my mate. I can't take this anymore! She needs me. I've been gone long enough. I have to take be with her, take care of her." I run a hand through my hair, shaking my head. "I'm so incredibly stupid for letting it go on this long."

Savannah is silent as I continue to rush around until my bag is sufficiently stuffed.

"You're going to get her right now?" She wants to know, eyebrows raised.

"Yes." I give a short nod, and anxiety sparks. I don't know why I haven't gone sooner. The stress of the pack, the idea that Hendrix is in danger, it's all just a distraction from what's really important. My mate. Her happiness, her livelihood. I'm going to make it right, even if she hates me.

I've tried calling her every night since I left. She never answers. She still has me blocked. So, I did what any sane person would do, I hand wrote her letters. Love letters. Promises. Anything to tell her I care.

I've sent a few, and I never got a response.

"Even if the Red Alpha is still out there, our pack can hold her off, I'm sure of it. We just need to make a game plan." I explain, and Savannah nods. "I don't care what you or the Guard says about how safe it is. I know they don't want me to risk being seen. Screw them."

Savannah's plan to leave Hendrix, and taking her friends with us, it played on my emotions. It played ony biggest fear, my one weakness. Hendrix, and her ever present mortality. It made me irrational. No more, I'm thinking more clearly than I have in months.

I'm almost giddy at the idea of even smelling her again. The thoughts I have about her drag me out of my funk. Everything will be alright. As long as I can have her safe in my pack, it won't matter if she forgives me. When I know she's happy and safe, I can relax.

I move on to the bathroom, grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste, then deodorant and shampoo. Savannah follows me. Her butter colored irises follow my every move with keen interest.

"How long are you planning on spending over there? Isn't it supposed to be a simple extraction? Just grab the human and come back." She muses, and I shake my head.