Chapter 18

The Lion Guard and Night Pride were gathered in the Lion Guard Lair.  They knew they needed a better plan, but they didn't know what.

"Kion?"  Rani asked.  "Can Baliyo and I speak to the group?  We want to tell them what happened to our parents."

"You don't have to," Kion said.  "I know how hard it is for you to remember.  But if you really want to, go ahead."

Rani nodded her thanks and roared to get the groups' attention.

"Baliyo and I want to tell you how we lost our parents," she said.  "It was in a similar situation to this."

"We were young cubs at the time," Baliyo said.  "But leading up to it was like this.  We all knew there was going to be a war."

Baliyo's voice started to crack at the end, so Rani continued.

"It was right at the end," she said, her voice cracking.  "The leader of the enemies knew we were watching him.  He made sure to make our parents' death as slow as possible.  Janna told us to stay where we were before running out to meet him.  It was the angriest I had ever seen her.  She returned the favour to the leader, killing him slowly."

Sira walked up to Rani and put his tail over her shoulders.  The lioness was working her claws into the ground, and clearly stopping her tail from lashing.

"Don't worry," he said.  "Everyone here will support you if you need it."

"He's right, Rani," Kion agreed.  "You don't have to relive it if you don't want to."

"Dhanyavaad, Kion, Sira," Rani thanked.  "I just was hoping this would help me take my mind off it."

"I'd do the same thing," Kion agreed.  He glanced at Kiara.  "I honestly don't know how I'd deal with the loss of my mom and dad without Kiara."

"Or the loss of all these Pride Landers," Kiara agreed.  "If we were alone, I don't think we'd want to do anything."

"But we're not," Kion said.  "And we need a plan now.  I don't know if I'd be able to fight any Pride Lander."

"We'll need both Roars," Kiara said.  "You being out has set that back."

"I don't think it has," Vitani said.  "I saw the Roar Kion unleashed on Scar.  He just needs to control it."

"I was planning on spending most of the time we have doing that," Kion agreed.  "If it gets stronger, I mind end up being worse than I was."

"We have just under a month," Kiara said.  "And Scar will probably attack before-"

"Lion Guard!  Queen Kiara!"  Ruka called from outside the Lair.

"Ruka?"  Kion called back.  "What's wrong?"

"Scar's attacking right now!"  Ruka exclaimed.

"Then we don't have time to waste," Kion said.  "Where is he?"

"Broken Rock," Ruka said.  He winced.  "Get out of  my head!"

"Ruka?"  Kion asked.  "You good?"

"I think," Ruka shook his head.  "Scar's been trying to get into my head to control me, but I can't let him.  You'll need as much help as you can get."

"Thank you, Ruka," Kion said.  "Don't hurt yourself.  This will get dangerous."

"I won't," Ruka assured as the group left the Lair.  They all increased their speed to a run as Ruka continued, "I'm surprised at how many animals Scar's managed to get."

"They don't think they're doing the right thing," Kion said.  "Scar's trying to control you.  He's done the same with the rest of the Pride Landers."