Chapter 7

A/N: Do you want seven more chapters of Fuli and Kion's break?  I doubt I'm ever going to get less PG-14 than I already have, with the hints of different kinds of abuse Harako gave Fuli, and right below this, mentioning Kion and Fuli not wanting to risk getting cubs.  But would you rather I write more about their break, or they just go straight to the Tree after the Ukumbusho? I'm not interrupting their break again, either. They deserve a break, and I don't normally like to torture my characters (maaaaybeeee I do just a little bit). But do you want to see seven more chapters of Fuli and Kion just hanging out together (might focus a little on the rest of the Lion Guard (and maybe a couple cougars and arctic foxes from Jasper and Churchill, respectively)), or not?

Kion woke up beside Fuli and rolled away before stretching.  He had no idea what they were going to do.  They needed to stay close to the Pride Lands in case of an emergency, and they weren't wanting to risk getting cubs.

"Fuuls?"  he asked his mate once she woke up.  "What do you want to do today?  We have a whole week completely to ourselves."

"We're coming back the day before the Ukumbusho, right?"  Fuli asked.

"Yep," Kion said.  "We need to figure out what we're doing about it."

"We can catch that gazelle when the time comes," Fuli said.  "We'll figure something out.  But we have time to ourselves right now.  Time we'll rarely get during the day."

"But what can we do during the day?"  Kion asked.  "We can look at the constellations tonight."

"But that's a long time away," Fuli said.  "We have a whole day to just have fun together."

"But what?"  Kion asked, stifling a chuckle.  It was so weird to hear the cheetah talk about fun non-sarcastically.

"Let's just go for walk," Fuli stood up.  "Not the most romantic thing, but I doubt we ever were."

"Really?"  Kion asked.  "You cared for me throughout the whole journey to the Tree of Life."

"It was the most I could do for you," Fuli walked out of the den beside Kion.  "I care about you.  And I didn't want to see what the scar would do to you."

"Yeah," Kion said.  "It wasn't an easy journey.  But you were there.  I honestly don't think I would've made it without you.  I would've given into the scar a while before we reached the Tree."

"I doubt that," Fuli said.  "You would've managed to get through it.  You're strong."

"I would've Roared the whole Night Pride away," Kion said.  "I don't know what I was thinking when I tried to stop you and the Lion Guard from coming with me."

"It was Bunga who offered," Fuli said.  "And he'd probably do more harm than help."

Kion chuckled.

"Yeah," he said.  "He almost did before we reached the Tree."

"And then at the Tree," Fuli said.  "He was the one who caused the rockslide."

"But he's still my best friend," Kion said.  "And I say that we let him and Binga have a break like this once we get back to the Tree of Life."

"Oh, yeah," Fuli said.  "We told Rani we'd be back, didn't we?"

"We did," Kion said.  "And I liked it there.  If we have cubs, I'd honestly rather them live there than here."

"They'd be more accepted," Fuli agreed.  "Simba didn't even really accept us together at first.  And if the king of the Pride Lands didn't, I doubt the animals here would accept us or our cubs."