Chapter 16

Fuli walked over to the pool in the Lair.  She vomited into the pool.  What was wrong with her?  She was eating properly, and wasn't sick.  It was the second time that day.  The only thing that was coming to mind was she was expecting cubs.  Kion would love waking up to his mate expecting, but it wasn't likely.  She walked over to Kion and sat down beside him.  It was something she had been doing the past week, hoping for Kion to wake up.

Kion opened his eyes to a female cheetah sitting beside him.

"Kion!"  she exclaimed.  "You're awake?"

"Who are you?"  Kion asked groggily, sitting up to face the cheetah.  "And why do you know my name?"

The cheetah flinched, as if she was offended.

"You don't remember me?"  she asked.

"I don't," Kion said.

"I'm Fuli, your mate," the cheetah responded.

"My mate?"  Kion asked.  "Are you sure?"

"Wait," Fuli said.  "What do you remember?  Bunga?  Vitani?  Rani?  Ono?  Anga?  Beshte?"

"Those names don't ring any bells," Kion responded.  "The last thing I remember is...uh...passing out, I think."

"Kion!"  Bunga exclaimed.

"Bunga, no!"  Fuli ran in front of Bunga.

"Is that Bunga?"  Kion asked.

"Wait, Kion?"  Bunga asked.  "You don't remember me?"

"I don't remember anything," Kion responded.

Fuli looked at Kion worriedly.

"Other than that, I'm fine, Fuuls," Kion said, seeing Fuli's look.

"Fuuls?"  Fuli asked.  "Is that what you just called me?"

"It was subconscious," Kion said quickly.  "I can call you Fuli if you want."

"No, no," Fuli said.  "It's what you called me before you passed out."

"I think I'm remembering something," Kion said.  "Nope.  Almost."

Fuli opened her mouth to speak, but closed it again as she started to gag.  She walked over to the pool and vomited into it.

"Fuli!"  Bunga exclaimed.

"I'm fine, Bunga," Fuli said.  "Honestly, if I can get Rafiki's opinion on it, I think I'm better than fine."

"What do you mean?"  Bunga asked.

Fuli looked at Kion.  He had stood up and was shaking his head.

"You remember anything, Kai?"  she asked.

"Well, I'm sure you're my mate now," Kion responded.  "But I still don't remember anything else."

"Kion?"  Kiara came walking into the Lair.  "Are you awake?"

"I'm awake," Kion said.  I feel like I should know her.  "But I can't remember much.  Just that Fuli's my mate."

"You don't remember me?"  Kiara asked.  "I'm Kiara, your sister."

"Queen of the Pride Lands?"  Kion responded, mimicking the tone he used to use when Kiara talked about it.

"Hey!"  Kiara protested.  "I don't boast about it anymore!  But yeah.  I'm glad you're remembering things."

"I remember most of my family now," Kion said.  "I remember you, Fuli, Simba, and Nala."

"Do you remember Rani?"  Kiara asked.