Chapter 49: Mistake

Start from the beginning

I heard her say that snap me out of my trance.

That was so sudden, my heart wouldn't stop pounding even if she already let go. I smiled, tucking my hair before looking back at her. "It's ok. But you certainly did surprise me.", I said and heaved trying to calm my self.

" I know I did. I like seeing you all flustered. It makes me think that you really do like me a lot.", She told me bluntly that had me blinking a couple of times before I realized how childish her reason was.

"Aish!"

I hissed at her and was aiming to smack her smug face out of her. When she hastily run towards her car, chuckling like some annoying little boy.

My eyes rolled, half-lidded eyeing her from the back. Sometimes I forgot that she's younger than me because of her being all serious when we're working. But then a couple of minutes later she'll be teasing me like this.

But regardless, I'm becoming more dependent on her for making me happy.

-------

At L.M tower.

Where Jisoo was holding an executive meeting as what Lisa asked her to do. "So when are we gonna see the chairman attending her meeting?"

One of the board of directors, Mr. Chem asked. Jisoo knew the person as one of the boards who is aiming to be in Lisa's position without being subtle about it. The old man even threatens Lisa after the girl's first day as the official chairman of the board six years ago. The old man undermines Lisa's capability to handle the whole company at her age and bluntly told her that he'll make sure the position Lisa has will not be hers for that long, but the latter didn't take his threat seriously.

Lisa's a genius and everyone knows that. She also didn't have to show her face to the entire building for everyone to look up to her. Her name and achievement alone do the job, she had the whole industry under her palm because of her talent and charisma. She was perfect for the position she have as a chairman, not until four years ago when Lisa's focus began to shift on to her newfound purpose.

Jisoo who has been at Lisa's side as her right arm was assigned as the CEO of the company who directly get the orders from the chairman herself. Lisa maintained the good name and fortune of the company with Jisoo's help, but Lisa's presence is what the board of directors is demanding for years now.

Jisoo shifted on her seat, massaging her nape. The petite girl smiled prettily, "You'll soon see her Mr. Chen."

The other members started to murmur with each other, since Lisa never attended a meeting for years now, and when she does it will be only her hologram.

"Well that would be great, and very likely close to impossible so what was the reason she'll meet everyone now?"

Mr. Chen let out a mocking laugh. And his minions from the board started to join him.

Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow, beside Jisoo who share a glance with her girl and smirked.

"Because you all soon gonna meet her wife."

-------

After the meeting ended, Chaeyoung and Jisoo were left in the conference room. "Mr. Chen really wanted her position and would ruin her image at the board with every chance he gets. But Lisa is firm with her decision and wouldn't want to waste her time at them."

Jisoo muttered looking anxious, bringing her elbow at the armrest while holding her head.

Chaeyoung beside her fixes her specs. And flashes a half-smile to the petite girl.