Chapter 22: Closer

Lisa Pov

I woke up at dawn trying my best not to wake her up. The flower shop, I went to yesterday said they open early, since the flowers are delivered to them at night.

I just want to give her the right flowers this time. I want to see her smile she's lovely when she does it.

But when I arrived at the front door, I'm surprised to see sunbaenim's mother there at the visitor's lounge and busy reading a book.

And when she noticed me, she put down her eyeglass and book.

"Good morning Lisa, you're early are you heading somewhere?

She asked smiling as she walk towards me. I greeted her with bowing and flashing a smile as well.

"Good morning eomoni. Ye. I was planning to go to the market, and buy something really important." I answered.

Mrs. Lee hummed as she nods.

"Really important? May I know what it is? Maybe I can a company you, there?"

She asked concerns, but if I tell her then she might think it's weird. And then ask me about my intention to her daughter, what if she's against it?

What if she like Jin-goo sunbaenim for her daughter because he's a man and I'm not.

There so many things running in my head that makes me feel anxious.

That I unconsciously stay muted while Mrs. Lee is talking to me.

"Lisa dear, are you alright? You suddenly turn pale."

She reached my arm, patting it to get my attention. While looking worried.

"It's, I-uhm I actually don't know." I blurted out as I lower my head, evading Mrs. Lee's eyes.

"Hmm, is this a secret? Am I not supposed to know about this thing you're going to buy?"

I gulped.

It's really making me guilty, I think I should be honest with this, since I'm pursuing her daughter. I should at least let her know. Because it's the right thing to do.

So I cocked my head up and faces Mrs. Lee with a conclusion.

"Mrs. Lee.", I mumbled.

"Oh, it looks like you finally decided if you're gonna tell me or not, ok then, please dear go on, I'll be listening."

Eomoni says, and smiles warmly at me, giving me that comfort. I hope she wouldn't hate me for this.

My hands balled.

"I like your daughter. I like Jieun sunbaenim so much that I want her to be my girlfriend."

"I'm sorry eomoni." I apologized bowing a 90-degree angle after confessing, squeezing my eyes shut and mumbling my prayers that she Jieun's mother wouldn't push me away, and tell me to stay away from her daughter.

"I didn't expect that."

She muttered. I felt anxious biting on my lip.

"All I thought is you two already being together. Because I saw you entered my daughter's room last night."

My eyes shot open, as I lift my head with shock.

"Ani, eomoni. We're not yet- I haven't- actually I-, I'm so sorry I shouldn't have went there. I'm really sorry it would never happen again, until we're official."

I kept fumbling on my own words while bowing and apologizing.

And I couldn't look at sunbaenim's mother feeling embarrassed with my behavior.