The Paranoia Leads To Terror

Start from the beginning

"Whatever. Just check the other room. Sweep this place before we start taking shit from every room. If we have to stay in the front, that's fine. Half of this stuff is probably worth a fortune anyway."

You scooted back and ran out of sight. Hearing the sound of footsteps entering the room, you padded down the hallway and back into Michael's room. Once you entered the room, you gently closed the door and let out a breath. Looking around the room, you knew you had to find something to barricade the door. Almost instantly, your eyes fell on one of the night stands. They were a decent height and relatively heavy. You knew you'd be able to lift them on your own and not make a great deal of noise, which would not have been the case if you chose to move a dresser.

Before acting, however, you ran to the telephone and dialed 911. It didn't take long for someone to answer the phone.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"There are intruders in my house," you whispered, keeping your eyes on the door, "I live on 4641 Hayvenhurst Ave. I need the police here as soon as possible."

"Okay, Miss. We are sending the authorities right now. Just stay on the line, alright? Are the intruders in sight?"

"No, but they're downstairs. I've closed myself in one of the bedrooms. I'm actually going to barricade the door right now."

Dropping the phone, you stood up and hurried to the side of the bed. After taking the lamp off of the nightstand closest to you, you put your hands on both sides of the furniture and lifted it, letting out a grunt as you did so. Using all of your strength to remain silent, you carried the nightstand to the closed door. Just as you prepared to place it down, the door busted open. You let out a scream and dropped the nightstand.

Standing over you was a green-eyed, tan-skinned man. He looked to be in his mid-twenties. He looked you up and down before a chilling smile spread across his face. "Oi, Gerald! I found our lady!" he yelled out the door, shoving the nightstand out the way.

Your heart pounded as the intruder backed you into the room. Your breathing grew uneven as you tried to prevent yourself from panicking. The man was around Michael's height, so he was a good few inches taller than you. As his eyes scanned your pajama-clad body, you could see the desire and lust clouding his piercing green gaze. Footsteps pounded down the hallway before another body entered the bedroom. The other intruder was pale with an icy blue gaze. His eyes went from you, to the room, and back to you.

"Really came to hide up here, huh?" The intruder by the name of 'Gerald' said, "Maybe she wants a treat while we're here."

"Please," you begged, your voice quivering in fear, "You can take whatever you want. I promise I won't say anything to anyone. You can walk right out of here. J-Just please, please . . ."

"Bobby, the telephone!" Gerald exclaimed suddenly, pointing to the second nightstand, "It's on! Disconnect it now!"

Bobby's eyes widened as he shoved you to the side and grabbed the telephone. You watched as he grabbed the back cord and yanked it out of the wall, disconnecting the phone completely. You let out a gasp as he chugged the phone to the side before turning to face you. He pointed a ring-clad finger at you, twisting his face in anger. "You sneaky little bitch," he growled, "You really thought you'd get us caught, huh? Who was on the phone? The police? Your little boyfriend?"

He backed you against the bed. You let out a panicked gasp when he wrapped his hand around your neck. Gasping for breath, you clawed at his hand, trying to make him release his grip. His grip only tightened, however, and you were beginning to have spotted vision. Before long, you knew you would lose consciousness, which was the last thing you wanted to happen. You didn't want to think about the possible things these strangers could do with your limp, vulnerable body.