Chapter 1

All of these characters belong to Sarah J Maas.

The pain was excruciating as the king of Hybern broke the mating bond. the world blacked out as I fainted. When I woke up I saw the bloodied Rhys being hauled away by Mor. I tried and tried to haul down  my gut wrenching fear but completely failed as I sent a message down the tangled bond,   'I'm pregnant'. 

Rhys's eyes widened with shock as his empty eyes met mine. Tamlin was instantly there by my side and pulling of my glove which no longer had a tattoo and was asking me if I was okay, i could barely hear him over my fear for everyone, so i said to him " no more killing let them go free." He looked at me with a puzzled expression but saw how much it killed me so he said okay. He then told Hybern, " let them go." Hybern sneered at me as if he knew my secret, i felt Tamlin tense beside me but held his glare and said to Rhys, " Your entourage will live, you are free to go."  More then winnowed straight to Lucien, punched him took my sisters and the rest of the night court winnowed away. 

"Get my MATE back!" screamed Lucien to Tamlin. Tamlin didn't even look at him, he only had eyes for me, ones that i wanted to rip out so dearly.  He took my shaking hand and wrapped it up in his own as we winnowed away. I wanted to take my hand right back as we landed on the gravel pathway of the spring court, but I knew I couldn't because that would just give me away. Tamlin let go of my hand as I took in my surroundings. Flowers bloomed everywhere. Dainty little pink roses. The Spring Court which was nothing compared to the Might of the Night Court. "I never knew if I would see it again," I told Tamlin in the sweetest voice i could muster. "I didn't know if you would either." he replied. He put his hand around my shoulder and pulled me closer as I rested my head on his shoulder. I gave him a sweet smile. Lucien was watching me carefully as if he knew that I was lying. I turned around and gave him another of my sweet smiles. My hand lay on my for stomach a little and I gave Rhys a stroke of love down the bond which the King of Hybern hadn't known how deep he had to dig to cleave Rhys and I apart and if Tamlin had taken my other glove off he would have seen an identical tattoo which I had inked last night, a promise to the Night Court that i would only bow down to myself. I walked to the palace as the High Lord of Spring unintentionally led the High Lady of the Night Court into the heart of the Spring Court.

              ~~

I landed in the night court and put Cassian and Azriel down, Amren was instantly there to help. "Where is she?" she asked. "Where is she?" she repeated. I couldn't answer her, my throat closed up especially when my thoughts traveled to her last words through the bond 'I'm pregnant'.

Mor landed in the corridor after dropping Feyre's sisters at some safe place. Where, I honestly didn't care right now. Amren looked between us and asked one last time "Where is she?" Not trusting myself to speak without crying I took a deep breath to steady myself I opened my mouth to start talking and everything sort of came tumbling out. I looked at all of them with a straight face but when actually on the inside I was crumbling. Mor looked at me and said "but he broke the mating bond." "that's impossible," whispered Amren under her breath and as the both looked at me I said "It's not true, that kind of bond can't be broken, the King didn't know how deep he had to dig to brake it. He broke the bargain, hard to do but not impossible, but he didn't know it wasn't the mating bond."  Amren looked at me under her stern gaze and declared "Well if you won't go get her right now, I will!"

My heart absolutely broke and shattered into a million pieces at those words because I knew I couldn't go get her. She was in the heart of the Spring Court allies of Hybern with direct access to me. So is said "Amren I can't she is my mate, High Lady of the Night Court and she is pregnant."   "Feyre didn't tell me until after the King broke the bargain between us but she is pregnant." I explained. They both looked at me in complete shock and Mor started shaking with anger at me and stormed away. I didn't know is she was more angry at the fact i didn't tell her the fact that Feyre was High Lady or the fact that she was worried for the fact that her High Lady (my mate) was pregnant and in the heart of enemies.

I wanted to just go over to the Spring Court and bring my mate home.  I wanted to hold her in my arms and tell her how this baby is going to be so loved and that it is going to have the best family in the world, and I wanted to tell her i was happy to oblige if she just went to Spring Court and slit Tamlin's neck, in fact I would be happy to join her. However, I knew I couldn't get her, not at least until her job was finished. I was scared though, my mate was pregnant and inside the people who completely broke her, she was with the people who sold out her sisters and with the people who locked her up even if they saw it killed her. I felt her fear in those moments and if that or anything else happened again I would have no restraint in going to the Spring Court and killing Tamlin and whoever else was responsible. 

I wanted to cry and scream. So I went upstairs, to my room. Everything in that room reminded me of her, I just wanted her back. So I sat on my bed and had nothing in me, I was empty. I just sat there staring at the walls until dinner. I dragged myself down and tried to have fun.  I sent o glimmer of love down the bond and could have sworn I felt a reply.