Baked Goods of the Cookie Variety

Frank held out his hand and sighed impatiently. "I want it back."

Gerard looked up at him from his sketchbook and frowned. "What?"

"You bastard. I want my eyeliner back."

Gerard's eyes widened considerably and he scrambled around in his pockets. "Oh! Sorry about that....here!" He thrust the eyeliner into Frank's hand.

Frank laughed and ruffled his hair. "Dude, you looked terrified! Did you really think I'd pummel you ever eyeliner? So chick-flick cliché..."

Gerard relaxed and flipped the sketchbook around. "It's you," he smiled.

"Aw, Gerard, you drew me? That's so...I'm a princess."

The sketchbook showed a drawing of Frank, perfectly detailed. Except for one thing. He was in a fucking puffy pink dress and a tiara.

Gerard giggled and nodded. "It's perfect."

"I wanna name it pickles,"  he said, pointing to the unicorn hiding behind himself.

Gerard lifted an eyebrow. "Pickles?"

Frank crossed his arms over his chest. "I happen to like that name."

"Maybe if you love it so much, change it," Gerard challenged teasingly.

"Maybe I will, motherfucker. Maybe I will," Frank growled. "Don't you tempt me."

Gerard laughed again. "Pickles Anthony Iero. It fits you."

"That's right, bitch. It fits perfectly."

"Oh, pickles. What shall we do with you?"

"I'm not officially pickles yet. I'm still frank."

"Ah. Frank."

"Yes?"

"Nothing. I just like saying your name."

"Homo."

"Motherfucker."

"Bitchface."

"Idiot."

"Baka."

"Keep your kawaii Japan bullshit out of this, you wanker."

- - - - -

Owen was baking a batch of cookies when there was a tap on his shoulder. He turned to see a girl behind him. She'd be about 15, with purple hair and a timid smile.

"how can I help you?" he asked.

She peeks out from behind her hair. "um...I was wondering if I could get a drink?" she asked.

"aren't you a tad young?" Owen joked.

The girl smiled. "I'm sixteen. Almost there"

Owen grinned and pulled a glass from the cupboard above his head. "I'm eighteen. Got a job here as head chef a month ago."

"aren't you a tad young?" she quoted.

Owen laughed. "Yes. No. I don't know." He poured the girl a glass of water and passed it to her.

She accepted the drink and took a drink. "good water" she observed, peering into the glass.

"hm really? How good?"

She held out the glass, tipping it slightly. "wanna try it?" she offered.

Owen stared warily at the glass before taking it. He waved it around under his nose, pulling an officious face. The girl laughed and shook her head in amusement. Owen tipped the glass back oh so slightly and drank a single drop of the water.

"fabulous, darling. Simply divine" he gushed, taking her hand.

She giggled again and stole the glass back. "I'm Nadia, by the way"

"I'm Owen. Owen McFarlan"

"I like your name. Owen is a cool name"

"thanks. I like your hair. Purple is a cool colour"

Nadia touched her hair and tipped her head slightly sideways. "thank you..." she said slowly.

The oven went off, singing loudly and making them both jump. "shit!" they both shrieked

Owen steadied himself and slowed his heart. Damn. He leaned down and opened the oven door, waved of heat rolling off. "cookies are done" he called over his shoulder.

Nadia smiled and jumped back as Owen pulled the cookies out and placed them on the counter. Steam rolled off the cookies and the smell filled the room. Choc chip. Yum.

"smells like Bette Crocker exploded in here"

Nadia choked on her water as she dissolved into laughter. "what?" she gasped out.

"Yep. She just walked in, did her thing and then BOOM. Bette crocker everywhere..." Owen shook his head sadly as Nadia tried to contain her giggles.

Owen picked up a cookie and blew lightly on it, cooling it down. Once it was only slightly warm, he lifted it to Nadia's mouth. "cookie?" he offered.

She opened her mouth and bit off a half. Owen put the rest in his mouth and brushed his hands on his pants. "good?" he asked through a mouthful of cookie.

"yep!" Nadia said, her mouth also filled with cookie.

They both swallow the cookie and laugh at each others silliness. Nadia glanced up at the clock and her hand flew to her mouth.

"shit. I gotta go."

"aw what? Nooooooo" Owen pretended to die on the floor, coughing and spluttering.

Nadia leant down and kissed his cheek. "I had fun" she whispered.

Before Owen could reply, she hoped up and skipped away. Owen raised a hand to his cheek and smiled.

Nadia.

He would remember that name.

-----

*sings loudly* im a terrible writerrrrrrrrrr oooh

sing it with me now

I. AM. TERRIIIIBLLELLELELELELELELLLELELE

NOW THE PEOPLE IN THE LEFT!

ill stop now

-steve