Chapter Forty Five

Start from the beginning

We went through a lot together, there was Logan. That fucking piece of— anyways, then there was him crying as he laid with me at opening party, me sleeping with Niko, him lashing out at me, a road trip.

It's been a short amount of time but time is never a measure of depth. Bonds and emotions that are formed in days could be stronger than ones formed from years.

The ones I've created with each and every one of the gang this year, those are stronger than any I've ever known besides Rory.

I've known them for less time than her in total, yet it felt like I've known them all equally as long and we're all as close and care as much for one another.

I loved that so much.

— —

I shut the door behind me and saunter deeper into my dorm room towards my bed. I swing my bag off my shoulder and on to the white and black plaid blankets on my bed.

I take a seat right next to my bag and sigh. Moments later Niko walked himself out of the bathroom and greeted me with a nod and a smile before plopping on the couch, in a towel.

He says nothing as he sits down and it stays silent for a while. Usually he would be talking it up by now, laughing, talking extremely loud and exaggerated.

But there he was, sitting still as stone on the couch as he closed his eyes with is arms up, crossed behind his head.

I can take a hint when I get  one.

This is the first time I've ever gotten one.

"So everyone hates me now, that's how it is?" I question, sounding snappy as hell.

What fucks did I give at this point?

None hun.

"Grace no one hates you okay I-"

"Don't lie to me right to my face Nikolas!" I shout angrily, it was far from a fucking secret that him and the rest of the guys hated me because I hurt poor little Vincent.

Gosh I feel so horrible for the guy who confused the ass fuck out of me and made me cry more than my period ever has.

He was lying right to me and it disgusted me.

"Okay, do not pull the Nikolas card okay sweetheart?" He hisses,

Like I said......

No fucks given.

"Well what's the worst it can do? Tell me Niko, because you all have been basically ghosting me, avoiding me, I can guarantee I'm a topic of conversation when I'm not there and don't even get me started on the fact that—"

"Okay! OKAY OKAY!" He waves his hands around and yells sternly. "I get the idea, but it's all in your head. We're just supporting a friend, he's pretty hurt right now and none of us have seen him like this before. It's hard not to be there all the time. He's worrying us." He lets out a sigh as he finishes.

The sound of his words churned my stomach, right into a fucking knot. I was completely to blame and it was unarguable, he's suffering and depressed because of what I did.