Chapter 1 - Setup

Start from the beginning

His lips were pursed as he turned to the side, allowing me a path to walk back into my room

His lips were pursed as he turned to the side, allowing me a path to walk back into my room. I triumphantly waltzed passed him, noticing him removing his phone from his pocket. I could hear the typing sounds coming from it as I double checked my appearance, my mind questioning if the dress was too short.

I shook my anxious thoughts, turning on my heel to face my brother. He stood wallowing in the middle of my room. His eyes met mine for a split second before he began climbing the steps.

I grabbed my bag off my bed, along with a denim jacket. As I made my way towards the door, my phone chimed in my hand. I glanced down to see Adrian's name upon the screen. I swiped, opening up the text message which popped up instantly.

A client's network has crashed and I have been called in on an emergency retrieval. I will message you to reschedule for tomorrow night. Stay home and go to sleep, babe, it's too late for you to eat anyways. It would have been a waste. Sweet dreams. Love you.

My lips moved into a grim line while shaking my head. Always throwing his orders around. Always telling me how I should be doing things. But he's the only man willing to put up with my family and accept all of me, even with my flaws. He's the only man that has sustained my father's ways. He's the only man that is willing to make me a better version of myself, even if it is a bit forceful. He has always been accurate when he picks out my flaws though.

Shaking my head of my deliberating thoughts, I slowly slip off one of my heels before slipping off the other. Before I managed to place the other down, Niccolo sauntered back into the room with a smug look and tone.

"Sorella (sister), question..." He trailed off, waiting for me to meet his eye.

"How does it feel to be cockblocked?" His grin turned into a triumphantly wide smirk.

My eyes narrowed into slits as I stared at him, completely perplexed by his words. I then analyzed him a bit more. He had his phone, lit up and in his hand. A glimpse of the screen, as he tilted it, displayed the text messaging app open. The receiver of the message being TNT Solutions, Adrian's IT company.

Motherfucker!

"You!" I glared at him with a vicious distaste.

"Me!" His lips curved even wider as he pleasantly countered back.

"Get out!" I yelled at him.

"Oh, Sorella (sister), don't be so sour. Do you have any idea how many times you -"

I cut him off as my first reaction presented itself. I swung my arm back and threw my heel at his head as fast and hard as I could. His speech halted when he detected my motives and ducked by shooting out of my room at the speed of light. My heel reached the wood of my door, slamming it against the wall before settling on the floor.