Chapter 21

When SEpha woke, it was four days later and she was in one of the guest chambers in Erabor. Fili was at her side, half falling asleep on his hand while he gripped her hand with his free hand.

"Fee," the girl gasped.

Fili snapped out of his doze and got to his feet in an instant, "SEPHA! You're awake! here I'll get you some water. are you feeling alright? Oin said you would be sore. You sure you're alright?"

Sepha pushed herself to a sitting position and took the glass of water from the excited young dwarf, "Yeah I'm fine.... what happened after I blacked out?"

Fili shrugged, "We started cleaning up. Dale has begun to get rebuilt. Bard returned the arkenstone but THorin gave it to Gandalf to dispose of. I don't know how Gandalf destroyed it but he's a wizard after all. THranduil left, Legolas has gone to the North to find the Dunedin.... don't know who they are and Tauriel...."

"Tauriel," Sepha gasped. "Where is Kili?"

FIli bowed his head and fought the tears that came up, "We buried him two days ago. Tauriel didn't stay for the funeral. She left. Thranduil said she probably headed to the undying lands. She left this though."

He held out a small pair of blades to the girl and Sepha recognized them as Tauriel's daggers.... for an elf to leave a weapon behind meant that she probably had gone to the undying lands.

"Oh Kili," Sepha sighed, feeling tears prick her eyes.

She went to stand up but Fili helped her, "Careful. You got a nasty gash on your stomach and side. It's going to leave a scar."

"I'm fine," Sepha sighed. "Where is Thorin?"

Fili smirked and his face at once lit up, "He wouldn't leave your side and was practically depriving himself of food and sleep.... again! Balin finally made the excuse that they needed his help burning orc bodies and reconstructing the gate. That finally got him up."

Sepha was about to head to the door when she saw that she was only in a white gown, "Could you excuse me Fee?"

Fili nodded and turned around so that Sepha could slip on her leather outfit and lace it up, loose enough to not hurt her side or her stomach. She then pushed her hair out of her eyes and put it in a fast plait. She hunted for the bead... but then remembered that she had given it to Thorin. She grabbed one of own and put it in.

"Come on," she said.

Fili followed her as the girl ran, surprisingly fast for a healing person. When they reached the gate, Sepha stopped to take in the sight. Thorin was overseeing reconstruction of the front gate but this time he was making it just like it had been before Smaug attacked, with the high wall but the huge wooden double doors.

Sepha looked to the side to see that several dwarves were building a new statue to put where the other one had been. When Thorin had been sick, he had the dwarves destroy the head of one of the stone dwarves to break the bridge. She saw that they were making the dwarf to look just like Kili and the other one to look like Thrain.

Smiling to herself, she approached Thorin. He was standing at the top of the gate, looking over at the vast countryside outside the gate that was now blooming with green grass. His back was to her and he was a good twenty feet above her but she could still tell it was him. He looked just like he had when she had first met him. He wore a simple dark blue tunic, pants and boots. His hair was clean and he was completely washed of the blood and dirt of battle.

He looked like a king.

Sepha's eyes wandered to the two statues that stood on the inside of the gate on either side of the large wooden double doors. One one side was Bilbo, holding Sting. The other was a giant wolf, unmistakably Sepha. Compared to the statue of Bilbo, sitting on her haunches, the stone wolf looked about the same size as the Bilbo statue which was at least twenty feet tall. The girl smirked.