"If you guys need laundry washed, I can do it."

"Oh don't worry yourself lass," Gloin remarked. "You don't have to do that."

Persephone shook her head, "Oh stop it! I have been practically an invalid the past three days and it's driving me insane! I want to help! I can never help with meals because that would mean Bofur wouldn't get his night to cook and he needs to practice."

"You got that right," Bombur muttered.

"If you're sure lass," Dwalin remarked, catching onto his brother's plan.

Sepha nodded, "Just give me what you need cleaned and I'll take care of it. Might as well before we leave tomorrow. Don't want to travel in soiled clothing."

The girl headed off and soon located a scrub brush and a bar of soap. When she returned, She saw that all the dwarves were in breeches and had wrapped their cloaks around them because their shirts were in the basket. There was a basket of clothes that Dwalin handed her.

"Thanks again Lass," he said.

Persephone nodded and looked around, counting dwarves, "Where's Thorin?"

Balin tried to restrain from grinning. The plan was working! Fili and Kili's heads snapped up at that and they caught the sparkle in Balin's eyes, making them suspicious.

"He's out back, chopping wood for Beorn," Balin said after glancing out the window.

Persephone nodded and headed out the back. Once she was gone, Balin turned to see FIli and Kili glaring at him suspiciously, arms crossed.

"You're cheating," Fili hissed.

"No I'm not," Balin objected. "I'm just giving them a little boost."

"Cheating on what?" Bofur inquired, curious.

"We made a bet with the lads," Dwalin explained. "They bet that Thorin and Persephone wouldn't become a couple till after we reclaim Erabor. My brother and I think they will before."

Bofur grinned and rubbed his hands, "OOOOOH! Count me in!"

Meanwhile, Persephone had stepped out of the house with the basket and had found Thorin in the back, chopping wood. He was only wearing his blue tunic, shirt, breeches and boots. Every time he slammed the axe into the wood, she could see his muscles flex beneath his tunic. She was surprised at how smoothly but strongly the axe met the block with a deep thunk.

"Thorin," she called.

Thorin turned and took in the sight of the girl, "Yeah?"

"I was just going to wash the other's things before we left tomorrow. Do you have anything that needs cleaning?"

Thorin was about to object but something told him that Balin had told her to do that. He felt his ears go red realizing what Balin was trying to get him to do. He was trying to think of something when Persephone spoke up.

"You have blood and dirt caked into your tunic," she pointed out. "You're jerkin is already in here."

THorin nodded and removed his blue tunic, leaving him in only his pants and blue shirt. He rolled the tunic up and placed it in the basket. He didn't even have to look at his shirt to know it was just as caked with dried sweat and dirt. Trying to fight back the redness appearing on his ears, he removed his shirt and placed it in the basket.

Without meeting her eyes, he bent down and picked up his axe. He stood back up and grabbed a log, "Thanks Sepha."

When the girl didn't reply he looked at her to see that her cheeks had gone bright pink and she was staring slightly. She quickly nodded and headed off, leaving Thorin with a huge grin on his face. Working so far.