Sepha's green eyes flared in fury. She caught sight of Fili meet her gaze and shake his head, telling her to not object but Sepha had just about enough.

Pushing herself away from the tree, she ignored the pain in her body and grabbed her sword.

"Sepha what are you doing?" Kili asked.

the girl ignored him and began to limp back the way they had come. She was about five feet away when a strong hand gripped her wrist gently. She spun around to see Thorin standing there, a soft look in his eyes.

"Where are you going?"

"What do you care?" she spat, "You care for no one but your own kin. And barely them!"

Thorin frowned, "What are you talking about? If you go back there you'll be killed?"

"Then it will obviously be an improvement in this world," Sepha remarked sarcastically, "I would think you would agree that it would be for everyone's benefit if there was one less elf in the world."

she turned and began to walk off but Thorin gripped her wrist. she wrenched her hand away from his grip and brought the back of her hand across his cheek, remarking his cheek exactly where she had struck him two days prior. Thorin's head snapped back but it didn't hurt as much as what she said next.

"I told you to not touch me!" she hissed. "You obviously have no care as to what happens to a helpless hobbit, so I will. I don't care if I'm killed, at least my life wont be complicated anymore and I wont feel like I'm upsetting other people with my presence!"

"Sepha," Fili and Kili pleaded. "Please don't go."

Sepha smiled at them but shook her head, "IT's best if I do."

she gave Thorin a glare and turning on her heel, stormed off. Thorin stood there, staring at where Sepha had been standing not five minutes ago. She was really gone.... when suddenly... Bilbo came tearing through the woods.

"Sorry.... I got held up..."

"Bilbo Baggins!" Gandalf remarked. "I've never been so glad to see anyone in my life."

"Bilbo! We'd given you up!" Kili cried.

"how on earth did you get past the goblins?"

"How indeed?" Dwalin inquired, curious.

Bilbo grinned innocently and just chuckled.

"Well what does it matter?" Gandalf asked. "he's back."

"it matters," Thorin replied. "I want to know. Why did you come back?"

"Look I know you doubt me. I know you always have. And you're right I often think of Baggend. I miss my books and my armchair and my garden. See that's where I belong. That's home. And that's why I came back because... you don't have one... a home. It was taken from you. But I will help you take it back if I can."

There was a long silence before Ori broke it.

"But Sepha went looking for you.... where is she?"

"Sepha left?" Bilbo asked, horrified. "But she was hurt!"

Before anyone could say anything else, a loud howl split the air.

"out of the frying pan," Thorin muttered.

"And into the fire," Gandalf finished.

As the others began to run, Dwalin noticed that Thorin was standing still, looking at where Sepha had run off, "What have I done?"

Dwalin gripped the prince's shoulder, "Nothing you cannot fix. We must run laddie."

Why is it that we are always getting cornered?" Bilbo complained as he gripped the trunk of the tree.