chapter 5

A/N- HEEELLLLOOOOO!!! Sooo... this story is taking so many different turns, and I feel like it barely matches the description anymore... but for anyone reading THE STORY WILL GET BETTER I PROMISE!!! :) Also... FEEDBACK WELCOME PRETTY PLEASE!!! I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS ANY GOOD :P anddddd...POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING!!!!!

Ashton's POV:

I heard the door open and shut, laughing coming from the mouths of the people who entered the house. Michael and Calum.

I heard Michael giggle loudly with Calum's deeper laugh right along with it. But then... I heard what sounded like the smack of lips... the sound you hear after someone kisses. Then there were whispers, and Michael giggling again.

I decided now would be a good time to wake up Luke. I looked down at his sleeping figure. There were light snores coming from his lips and it was an adorable sight, but I noticed something. Something very off.

He had one hand on my chest. But looking further down, his sleeve was slightly rolled up. There, on his wrist, were tiny red slashes, most looking very new as though they were done this morning. And I didn't see only one or two in the small area of his wrist that was visible, but there were about 7 or 8 in that one spot. Knowing Luke could do things like this to himself broke my heart...

Only people like you deserve it Ashton...

Telling myself I would talk to him later at a better time, I gently shook Luke awake. He opened his dull, baby-blue eyes slowly and scooted closer to me, pulling the sleeve of his jacket down. Luke rubbed his eyes the way a child would. It was so cute.

"Are they back now, Ashy?" Luke asked looking up at me, his head still on my chest.

"Yep! We're here and we got- oh, did something happen between you two while we were gone?" Mikey asked playfully, a smile gracing his naturally red lips. Calum walked up behind him and wrapped his arms around Michael's waist. A cute smile made it's way onto Michael's face as he placed his hands on top on of Calum's.

Luke looked at them and smiled. "No," he replied. "But what about you guys?" Luke smiled at them just as playfully.

Mikey smiled and nodded shyly. "Calum asked me out," he whispered. And I don't know what came over me at that moment, but I then said, "AAAWWWW! You guys are so adorable!"

Calum and Michael laughed. "Well, it's nice to see you've opened up to us so more, Ashy," Calum said smiling at me.

"Yeah," I said back. "I've just never had people be so nice to me before, so I figured why no be myself while I can," I said, giving them all a sad smile. I felt Luke wrap his arms around me in a warm hug and I felt tears come into my eyes.

I was being honest. No one has ever been so nice to me before. And to have more than one person actually attempt to befriend me and take interest in me was really overwhelming.

"Awww, Ashton," I heard Calum and Michael say at the same time. They both ran over,and we formed some kind of dog pile on the couch.

"Thanks you guys. I was honestly ready to give up today until I met you Michael, and then I got to meet Luke and Calum and most of the thoughts went away. Thank you so much," I told them, letting some tears fall.

We all let go of eachother, and we all wiped our tears after a few minutes of hugging. Michael was the first one to speak up.

"I just noticed that you haven't even been talking with a stutter anymore, Ash," he said. I nodded.

"I normally only stutter when I'm nervous or too emotional," I said, slightly embarrassed. They all nodded.

"Well," Calum started. "Mikey and I brought snacks. What movie did you guys pick? Please tell me it isn't horror film,"