chapter 1

HHHHHIIIII!!!!! My name is Mykaila (pronounced Makayla) and I decided to try and write a story. I've written things before like fanfics and such, but no one ever really saw them but a few friends. I hope this isn't terrible and someone will enjoy it. (By the way, this chapter might suck because I literally just thought of it off the top of my head and finished like 2 minutes ago) If you read this, I hope you enjoy this fanfic and don't think it's completely horrible. Please enjoy this. And anyone who read through this whole author's note deserves lollipops, unicorns, and sunshine because I ramble a lot and I'm still talking.    Enjoy the story!!! : )

I grab my books out of my locker with a sigh. Another day in this place I like to call my "second hell". The first being a little place I'm not even able to call home.

"Hey look! The faggot actually showed up today," Tyler Middleton, the king of this school, yelled about me.

I slowly turned around to face him and his group of friends. All of them are on the football team and I know not to say anything to them because, if I do, things will only get worse for me.

"Can't you talk fag? Or are you too dumb?" Tyler said loud enough for everyone around to hear. I look down, not able to look anyone in the eye anymore.

"You wanna know something Tyler? I'm sick of your shit! Why can't you just leave him alone for once? He hasn't done a damn thing to you!"

My head jerks up. No one has ever stuck up for me before. I turn my head to see who it was... Michael Clifford.

Michael Clifford was a lilac haired extremely tall boy who got along with almost everyone. The teachers all loved him, he had average grades, and he was apparently wanting to try starting a band (there were posters he hung up around school). To have him yell at someone when he didn't have to was shocking, but it made me feel... important. Important enough to even be stood up for. I've never had anyone do anything like that for me.

 "Oh whatever, Clifford. This has nothing to do with you," Tyler kept going.

"It has everything to do with me if it involves someone I care about," Michael stated calmly. I didn't believe him. He's never acted like he cared me about before... maybe he was just trying to be nice...

"Please, no one could ever really care about this... worthless... thing." Okay. That really hurt.

I felt tears well up in my eyes. 'you can't cry now Ashton. That will just show everyone how worthless and weak you really are' I told myself. It's no use as one single tear rolls down my face.

"Now the fag is crying. How sad," Tyler mocked with a fake pout. Everyone laughed except for Michael... and one other blonde boy watching in the crowd.

I felt a few more tears fall before Michael grabs my wrist. I try not to flinch at the contact as he drags me out of the school. Looks like I get to skip out on going to one "hell" today.