LOVE AND FAME? IT'S ALL A GAME {chapter 7}

Chapter 7

Two days later I was trudging up the stairs to my room after school cursing my life, I was tired and irritated mostly with Grace when the phone rang. I waited for about two rings; saw that no one had intentions of picking it up and so trudged down the stairs again and along with some more cursing picked up the phone only to find that it was a wrong number. I swear to God the unfairness of it all……

I once again started to climb back up when…..Gianna practically crashed into me.

“Have you seen the new issue of Mega Teen? Oh please tell me you have? Please tell me you know about it?”

I suppressed a yawn “Gianna I don’t know what you’re talking about and I don’t want to. I wanna sleep. Bye”

She grabbed my arm and pulled me down on the couch. “You need to sit if you’re gonna hear this.”

I gave up and settled back in the couch. There was no stopping Gianna now. She tossed the magazine on my lap and sighed. Hey maybe there’s something in there telling that I wasn’t at fault at Drew’s latest gig.

I opened the magazine and went to the page Gianna was screaming about. I gasped. I stopped. Maybe I stopped breathing but I wasn’t sure. All I remembered was the rage. The pure hot anger that was coursing through me. I should have known. You could never trust the media and now I’ve learnt it the hard way…you could never trust celebrities or superstars alike.

I calmly shut the magazine and gave it back to Gianna without saying a word.

“What? Did you see it? Horrible right? I have a good mind to just go and strangle that Alice Greene though I hope you don’t mind if I don‘t kill Drew. I mean I’m sure he had nothing to do with all this. Right?”

Then I burst.

“What do you mean he has nothing to do with all this? He has everything to do with all this. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I wish I hadn’t gone to that stupid concert. It was his entire fault. No wait….it was your fault. If you hadn’t forced me to go to that stupid concert none of this would ever have happened.” I breathed like I’d run a marathon or something.

“Oh no.…oh hell no!! You are not  going to blame this on me, Avril. No way!”

“Just leave me alone!”

I rushed into my room and sat down on my bed. Hadn’t my life got its rush of exhilarating moments? Why more again? I’ve had enough of excitement in my life, thank you very much.

Without realizing it, I had actually brought the magazine to my room when coming upstairs. I felt like screaming and shouting in frustration. I jumped up and paced my room, trying Drew Dallas on his phone. After about fifteen rings he picked it up. He sounded breathless.

“Hello?”

“What is your problem? Are you like stupid or something?”

Silence on the other end, then “Avril, what do you mean?”

“Oh don’t act all shitty. You know very well what I mean. I can’t believe you actually did that. What, do you, like, get kicks out of tormenting people? If so I know a girl who you’d match with perfectly.”

“Avril I don’t know what’s going on alright? I haven’t got all-day to chat. You want to say something…..say it out right. I don’t like beating around the bush.”

Now I got angry. Like shit angry. “Beating around the bush? I’m beating around the bush? Just because you’re some celebrity and all does not mean you can go around messing peoples’ life alright?” I took a deep breath. “You wanna know what I’m talking about? Well then listen up.” I picked up the magazine, which I was sure I was going to hate for life, from my bed and flipped through the pages till I reached the article that was complete BS.