Chapter 99 - Face to Faceless

Start from the beginning

"Gerard," Chris states with a nod, looking remorseful as he continues "Which means this is my fault. I'm the one who let him go."

"You couldn't have done anything," I reassure though Malia is quick to counter "He could've killed him" Chris did shoot him at least, just a bummer it wasn't a fatal shot

The four of us throw her a look, and she shrugs "Just saying..."

"We're not executioners," Lydia quips with an eye roll and Malia states matter of factly "You are when it comes to war."

"That's why we're gonna make peace." Scott offers and I scoff, flicking my eyes to him "With Gerard?"

Scott leans on the table more towards me "Addy, you know what's coming. We all keep using the same word–"

"–War." Chris finishes for him and I look between them, crossing my arms over my front "So what stops a war from happening?"

Chris looks over to me and nods his head once with his answer "A peace summit."

Scott nods and lays down his plan for us "Right. We meet face to face with Gerard, find out what he wants, and then we stop all this before it gets any worse."

Remembering what Scott told us from his lesson with Gerard during the Alpha pack time of our lives, I tilt my head to the side towards him "Last time Gerard was at a 'peace meeting' was with Deucalion– he blinded him and then killed everybody else, including his own men."

That gives him pause, until Chris turns more towards us "I'll go– I mean he's not going to kill me."

"You sure about that?" Lydia questions and Chris shrugs, a smile fighting to break through "Not really."

"All we need is to find out what he wants– then we can bargain," Scott suggests and Chris not missing a beat, offers quickly "Even if he does agree, his terms might be difficult to meet."

Scott shrugs and looks between us "Well, that's why it's a negotiation. I don't expect to get anything without giving something up." what are you willing to give up?

Chris takes a moment before he voices what we're all probably thinking "Then you're gonna have to figure out just how much you're willing to give, and how far you're willing to go to stop a war."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

Chris went to meet with his father at some warehouse that is apparently Gerard's base of operations for his gun business.

Liam texted Scott that while in the guidance counselor's office he noticed scratches on Tamora Monroe's neck as well as books about the supernatural on her filing cabinet.

When he asked how she got the scratches she said from a branch in the woods when she was running. He kept asking questions, mainly who she was running from, and from how she dodged his questions he just knew– she's the new hunter.

Scott and I get home to let Chris know what we just found out and when we walk up the back porch, heading for the side kitchen door, Scott stops me from opening the door.

I throw him a questioning look, however the words die in my throat when we hear Chris talking to mom "As far as I can tell... genocide."

I share an alarmed look with Scott as mom scoffs "He just wants to kill them? All of them?"