I missed you

I stood in front of Kakashi for a moment, scratching the back of my neck nervously. I waited for him to say something but he never did. Instead he wrapped arms around my waist pulling me close to him and hugging me tightly. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him back. He buried his face in the crook of my neck and sighed quietly. We stayed like this for a moment before he pulled away, bringing his hands to my face and gently resting them on my cheeks.

"You're back, you're really back" He whispered quietly almost like he was talking to himself

"Yeah, Kakashi I'm back really back" I said placing my hands on top of his

"God Bo you have no idea how much I missed you" Kakashi sighed in relief as he brought me in for another hug

"I missed you too" I laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his torso

He slowly pulled away and invited me inside. I slid my backpack off my shoulders and placed it next to my shoes in the front entrance. I made my way to his couch and took a seat, he sat across from me on his coffee table.

"You're leaving?" He motioned to my backpack, his voice sounded hurt

"I'm coming back!" I quickly replied "Tsunade is sending Naruto and I on a mission. We'll be gone for at least a week" I whispered the last part

"A week? You just got back, why can't she send someone else" He voice boomed in anger as he ran his hands through his silver hair

"The village is not in a place for shinobi to be picky about the missions we receive. She needs all the help she can get and I wanna help"

I moved to the edge of the couch placing my hands on his knees and looking at him in his visible eye

"I just got you back" He whispered

"I'm coming back" I said firmly

He nodded his head slightly and made his way next to me on the couch. He faced me, leaning his back on the arm of the couch. I turned to face him, my blue orbs scanned his entire body stopping on his black eye. We just stared at each other for a moment before he finally broke the silence.

"Before you ask, I don't hate you" He said in all seriousness "And I know that you didn't just run away, Lord Hokage told us that he sent you to retrieve further training"

I looked at him surprised at his words

"You don't hate me?" I asked, tears brimming my eyes

"Of course not, I could never hate you" I smiled under his mask

I pushed myself forward, wrapping my arms around his neck and crying into his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist slowly rubbing circles on my back.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Kakashi" I cried

"Sorry for what? You didn't do anything wrong"

"I'm sorry that I was gone for so long, that I didn't write and let you know I was okay, that I hurt you and everyone else, that I wasn't here when Orochimaru-"

He lifted my chin up so I was looking at him and placed his finger over my mask covered lips. He shushed me before wiping the tears from under my eyes with the pads of his thumbs.

"None of that matters anymore Bo, what matters now is that you're back" He looked into my eyes reassuring his words

I nodded my head and moved away, crossing my legs on the couch and leaning back against the arm. After a few moments of silence we began talking about everything that had happened over the years. Catching up with each other's lives, talking about old memories we had together. I felt myself physically relax as we talked, it was moments like this that I missed the most. Kakashi and I used to talk for hours on end, about anything and everything but we were also comfortable just sitting in silence together. I smiled as I heard him talking about his team, Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke. He sounded like a proud father the way he talked about them. Hearing him say Naruto's name reminded me that I was supposed to meet him at the gates. I looked at the clock on Kakashi's wall. Oh no, I'm gonna be late. Looking at the time as it read 1:52 pm.