Chapter 5

Bram's P.O.V.
It's been almost a week since Axel's baseball game and today is Friday. Axel is going to a baseball tournament this weekend and he's leaving today. Mom, Will and I are going to the tournament tomorrow, but Axel is going with his friends tonight to hang out with them.

Tonight should be awesome because I don't have to deal with him tonight or tomorrow until we drive up to the tournament. But in order for that to happen, I have to get through the day with him being here.

I went downstairs and to the kitchen to make myself breakfast. Axel was surprisingly already up and he was eating eggs. There was a lot of eggs on one plate, along with an empty plate beside his, so I assume that my mom made me eggs and he ate them along with his own.

I made myself some toast and Axel finished eating.
He put his plate and the empty plate in the sink and rinsed them off.
I got up to get myself some juice, so I grabbed a juice box from the fridge.
As I was walking back to the table, Axel sprayed me with water from the kitchen sink.
I shrieked and he smirked.

My shirt was drenched and I sighed.
I sat back down at the table and started eating my toast.
Axel walked past me and grabbed one of my pieces of toast.
He walked out of the kitchen while eating it and I rolled my eyes.
I finished my breakfast and went to my room.
First, I changed my shirt, then I cleaned off my action figures and put them back on my shelf.

I was standing near my tv, wiping off my Darth Vader figurine and someone said from behind me "Blah!"
I screamed and fell to the ground.
I saw Axel laughing his ass off and I sighed.
I stood up and he said "You actually clean your nerd shit?"
He scoffed and I put the figurine down.

Axel slowly walked more into my room, and I knew he was up to something.
I ignored him for the most part and I cleaned off everything in my room so that no dust was there.
At this point Axel was right behind me, following me as I cleaned everything off.

As soon as I finished cleaning, Axel grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder.
I started freaking out as he walked downstairs and he dropped me onto the floor.
Axel pinned me and started wrestling with me. Well, technically he was the only one who was wrestling. I was just dying of pain and not fighting back since I'm not strong enough to cause harm or successfully get out.

Axel finally let go after several pleas from me.
He put his phone on the coffee table and stood above me.
Oh no.
He lifted me up and I said "Please, Axel. Don't."
He didn't respond, but body slammed me onto the couch.
I winced in pain and Axel pulled me back down to the floor.
He punched me a couple times, then got a text.

Axel immediately stood up and checked his phone.
He quickly texted somebody back and then punched me one more time.
"Later. James is in the driveway." Axel said going over to the door and putting his backpack on.
"Wait, Ax." Will replied while coming into the room with my mom.
"What, dad? My friend is in the driveway. I don't want to keep him waiting." Axel sighed.
"Hug Bram goodbye." Will told Axel.

Axel and I both looked at him surprised and Axel rolled his eyes.
"Why?! I'm gonna see him tomorrow." Axel said.
"It doesn't matter. It's the nice thing to do. He's your stepbrother, not a stranger." Will replied.
Axel sighed and I went over to him.
He loosely wrapped his arms around me and I did the same to him.
He pulled away after a few seconds and I hugged him longer to piss him off.

I heard Axel sigh and he grabbed me by my torso.
He pulled me off of him and lifted me up so I was upside down.
I shrieked and he put me down on my feet.
"See you tomorrow guys." He said and left.

I immediately went upstairs and tried to open Axel's door.
It was locked and I sighed.
All I want is my action figures that he took, but of course he's one step ahead of me.
I packed my bags for the weekend and I put in an extra set of clothes in case I get anything on my clothes.

"Bram, your mother and I are going to get some snacks and stuff for the tournament. We'll bring back dinner. What would you like?" Will asked coming into my room.
"Will there be leftovers?" I answered with a question.
"Probably." Will replied.
I thought for a second of what Axel will like to eat, but then I quickly realized that he will eat anything.
"Pizza." I said.
"Okay. We'll be back in an hour or so." Will replied.

I heard the door close and I went to Axel's room.
I took out my credit card from my wallet and managed to open the lock.
I opened the door and stood in the doorway.

To be honest, I've never been in his room before besides when I dumped him on his bed when he was drunk. And even then, it was too dark to really see anything.
I looked around, stepping over the piles of dirty clothes in his room, and looked at some of the pictures that he had in his room.
They were mostly sports pictures and some others were of him and Will.
I tried to find my action figures, but after looking for twenty minutes, I gave up.
I grabbed my credit card and locked the door.

I sat down in my room and my phone rang.
I checked the caller ID and saw that it was Axel.
Why on earth would he call me?!
"H-Hello?" I said, nervously.
"Get my sweater, my hat and my sunglasses from the front closet. Bring Gatorade tomorrow." He told me and then he hung up.

I went to the front closet and got Axel's hat, sunglasses and his sweater.
I put it in my suitcase with my stuff and I closed my suitcase after I made sure that I packed everything.
Mom and Will came home and we ate pizza after putting the snacks and drinks away in the fridge. I also made sure that we packed Gatorade in the fridge.
I don't know what Axel would do to me if I didn't do what he asked.
Mom, Will and I watched the movie Superbad and then I went to bed.