Outbursts of Mayhem

Steven walked up on stage, the broadcasting system was ready. He sighed, "hello, gems of all kind and humans," he said keeping his voice loud enough for all to hear. He shut his eyes for a few moments.

"Oh um, Steven, your pinkish strange look is back," White Diamond said.

Steven looked at himself. "And I am glad to say, my friend pearl loves to talk and will be doing that while I prepare something," he said handing the script of the announcement to pearl and running down the beach.

To the gems, he was running at unbelievable speeds, but to him it was only running.

He stepped inside the Temple. A small plate with a slice of cake was on it. He looked at it, in small scribbled frosting was 'Bluebird is proud of you!.' He smiled gently picking it up and putting it in the fridge for later.

Light footsteps came up the stairs, light enough to be anyone's.

"Steven?" A voice asked.

"Centi?" Steven asked.

"Oh, you remembered my nickname!" She said excitedly.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" He asked.

Heavy footsteps came up the stairs. Jasper peered at Steven. "Pearl is quite the talker, eh?" She asked.

"Yeah, she learned from amethyst or mom," steven said.

"Amethyst is a loud mouth," Jasper chuckled.

"Centi, what job do you have in beach city?" Steven asked.

"I work as a Waiter at a local restaurant," Nephrite replied.

"Do you have a job?" Steven asked looking at Jasper.

"No, why do I need one if I don't go to your stupid school?!" Jasper asked.

"Oh, you can meet nice people, or you can be like a friend of mine named Larimar and find true love with another gem," Nephrite replied.

Jasper sighed. "I don't love," she said. "I hate."

"You could learn to love," Steven said.

"No!" Jasper said.

Steven thought of something. Soon he was off again, this time into the sky and on top of the temple statue. He sat on top of the light house.

A lapis flew down from the sky, not the normal lapis, but the one with freckles of shimmering. "Hey Steven," she said.

"Hi, uhh... Freckles," he said.

"Yeah," she said sitting next to him.

"So, you often quit out on conversations or something like the announcements when you turn pink like that?" Freckles asked.

"No, normally I don't have the whole Galaxy watching," he said.

"I understand honestly I think you're bottling something up inside, but the other lapis you know the mean one thinks otherwise," Freckles said.

"Well you are kinda right," he sighed.

"Everyone just blames themselves when I am sad," he said wiping a tear.

"Oh," she said. "I'd better be moving the party is about to start."

He sighed watching her leave, he was done with everyone. He shut his eyes and laid down.

Amethyst climbed up the light house and sat down next to him. "Hey man, how are you feeling?" She asked.

He looked at her. He stood up and looked at amethyst this pink coloring had a slight glow. "Amethyst, you're not as mature as you act, it's not worth the lie!" He yelled getting some of the crowds attention. He was completely pink now.

"Uh, dude, come on chill!" Amethyst said quickly summoning her whip.

"Oh, aren't you so strong!" He said picking her up and looking straight into his eyes.

"Dude, Steven aren't you being a littl-" Steven interrupted amethyst by throwing her into the crowd.

A random gem caught her after sliding off their feet and ending up laying.

Steven looked at the crowd. "Hey White, have you told anyone about your flaw?" Steven asked.

White blushed pink. "No I-I um," White stuttered. White walked a bit away.

"Oh, blue how about you feel something other than sadness, you're making me depressed," he said fake crying.

"Oh sorry, Steven! I messed up again!" Blue said joining white.

"Hey Yellow, how about your sense of humor?" He asked.

"Uh, why is that so bad?" White diamond yelled casually.

"Oh, I thought she was tough," he said.

"Hey!" Yellow exclaimed. She joined the other two diamonds.

"Hey Pearl, I don't think you should be talking so much it's annoying," he said.

Pearl looked at him, stomping her way to the lighthouse to give him a piece of her mind.

"Hey Garnet, is your love real, doesn't seem like it?" He said.

Garnet looked at him. "How about you, are you real?" She said.

Pearl sighed. "I can't attack Steven," she said stomping over to garnet.

Steven's pink form smiled. "A bit insecure of what they'll think, Pearl?" He asked.

Pearl looked at garnet. "Is it him?" She asked.

"No, just don't listen to him, he's trying to get under your skin," Garnet said loudly.

Pearl sighed in relief.

Amethyst just ran up to garnet, standing next to her as they stared up at steven.

His pink form went away causing him to fall.

Garnet ran and caught him.

"What happened?" He asked.

"You insulted everyone, you're fine," Garnet said.

"Oh, well what's on the schedule?" He asked.

"Ask Larimar or Bixbite, they both memorize things," garnet explained.

"Okay," he said.

He walked around the crowds until he ran into Larimar. "Hey, what's on the schedule?" He asked.

"Oh, ask Bixbite, she is very smart," Larimar said smiling the whole time.

"Alright, do you happen to know where she is?" He asked.

"Yes, she's off by the stage, near Orange Spodumene," Larimar said.

"Oh, thanks," he said.

He looked for Bixbite for about 12 minutes and found her. "Hey Bixbite, what's on the schedule, I forgot?" He asked.

"Oh, we have pizza at 10:30 and cake at 11:10," Bixbite said.

"Thanks, and hi Orange Spodumene," he said.

Orange Spodumene smiled and waved.

He left and walked up to the crystal gems who were quickly cooking pizza with Nanefua's Ruby Guards help.

Steven got to helping.

It is all he could do to redeem himself?

Is reducing himself to the smallest to hide from the reality he lives in, is that really the smartest idea?

Only thousands of years ago, did someone much like him do that to win a war?

Mental warfare.

Disclosure.

Leaving those you hold dear in your heart behind.

If only he let his actual pink side take over. If he felt he couldn't lie to himself and the others.