Dealt like a diamond

Steven stopped Spinel. "What am I going to do about this?" He asked.

"Walk out, act casual and no one will notice," Spinel said.

"Oh, so now that I'm Pink Steven, no one will ever notice?!" He said aggression in his voice.

"Of course not, people may say hello or hi," Spinel started. "Or they may say Hey," Spinel finished.

"Okay, I guess that's fine," Steven said rolling his eyes.

"You just need to turn back for the announcements," Spinel shrugged.

"Oh yeah, the announcements!" He said face palming.

"You forgot about them?" Spinel asked.

"No, I have the script planned out," he said.

"Figured as much," Spinel said.

Steven and Spinel walked out to the crowd of gems mostly just the Pearl's, crystal gems and the diamonds.

"Oh, Steven you look a bit pink today," Blue Diamond said.

"It must be the lighting," Spinel said covering for Steven.

"We completely understand, lighting on Earth is quite stupid," White Diamond said.

"The throne room is much better and smells better," Yellow Diamond said.

"No, it's not the Earths lighting, it's me!" Steven shouted. "And honestly the throne room smells like feet!"

"We never smell that when we are in there," Yellow Diamond said.

"I wasn't going to say it, because I would have been shattered, but it sincerly does," Yellow Pearl said.

Yellow Diamond silenced herself.

White diamond talked with Spinel and Pink Pearl. The other two caught up on life with their old Pearls.

"Ste-man, you already had an outburst?" Amethyst asked running up to Steven.

"Yeah, sorry," he said.

"Well do you wanna go ride on top of Greg's van while he drives fast, this time we won't let you fall?" Amethyst asked.

"Yeah, sounds fun," Steven replied, his pink color fading to his normal look.

"Oh, well let's go!" Amethyst yelled.

All the Original Crystal Gems climbed on top of Greg's van.

Garnet held Steven's hand, Steven held Pearl's hand, Pearl held amethyst's hand and amethyst held Garnet's other hand.

Greg started driving.

Garnet pulled Steven up close, like old times. When he used to do this and garnet protected him.

They made it to the dirt road leading into the country side.

The van sped up.

Steven felt a sense of happiness building in his gut like a kid in a candy store.

The Diamonds and The Pearl's watched from a far distance.

Steven cheered, "yeah haha! This is awesome!" He said.

The crystal gems smiled.

"Guess what, Steven?" Pearl asked.

"Oooh, a surprise I didn't know about," he said loudly. He felt like a child again, he loved every moment of the feeling.

"Yes, we're going to pick up Connie, Lapis, Peridot and Bismuth," Pearl said.

"Hooray!" Steven said.

Steven felt a bump, but he didn't mind it. He felt a larger bump, and air rushing against his face. He had fallen off. He stood up and started running after the van.

His pink side activated and the world turned into slow motion. He ran up to the Van and pulled himself up and sat back down.

The world turned to normal again.

Garnet held him tighter.

He smiled.

They made it Connie's house finally after taking the scenic route.

Connie hopped on with crystal gems, pearl being the one to keep her alive.

They road to Little Homeworld, picking up the 3 gems.

Amethyst kept Peridot from falling off.

After a few exchanges of the word 'clod,' they were back to the Party. More gems had arrived.

Steven greeted everyone, until he spotted the gem, Bluebird Azurite. He took a deep breath. "Bluebird! You made it!" He said with a smile.

"Aw, if it isn't my old pal, Steven Universe?" Bluebird said.

"Yeah, it's me alright," he said.

"We baked you a cake, but it fell in the ocean on the fly here!" Bluebird said semi-aggressively.

"Oh, that's like super sad," he said ignoring her angered tone.

Pearl whispered something to Steven.

He ran up to the stage and took the microphone ready for his speech to be broadcasted for all.

[to be continued....]