22 | the lady in our dreams

Start from the beginning

"He literally went insane, Thomas. He tried to kill me."

"I'm already crazy," he remarked, "and besides, I wouldn't kill you."

"You can't control it."

"I bet I could."

I rolled my eyes, licking my lips impatiently, "I guess, but it's suicide. You could get killed by the sting and then we'd all be stranded in here."

"Not exactly," he replied, "If you think you're some kind of savior, then they have to let you out at some point. What's the harm in getting our memories back along the way?"

"Getting eaten," I scolded, "I'd rather not die for the cause."

"Great, then I will."

"What? No! You can't be serious, Thomas."

"If you really are this savior then we're supposed to help you, right?"

"I guess?"

"Then let me help you escape."

I never thought Thomas would be so helpful. He was like a big brother to me right now. He was protective, caring, stern, and crazy; he was absolutely insane.
It was fantastic but also very, very annoying at times.
Although, he believed me about my nightmare. Which was a setup from Newt at the moment.
Even after his apology, I could tell that he didn't want to be apart of some savior mission. Which was understandable but, I really liked him.
And I wanted him to like me too.

"Hey, Minho."

I sat down next to the keeper slowly. He rolled his eyes playfully before propping his elbow up on the table.
I figured if anyone could help me with Newt, it would be his best friend.
We sat in front of the kitchen, listening to Frypan's humming while he prepared dinner.
"What can I help you with, Greenie."

I sighed, slouching down in my chair, "Newt."

He nodded, immediately understanding my intentions, "You like him right?"

"Yea, I do."

"But, you think he doesn't like you back?"

"Not exactly? Well, kind of," I responded slowly, "I don't think he really trusts me either."

"Well first off, he does trust you but it's hard for him. He's been here for so long that he's formed a shell around himself. You're the first person that has been able to break it. Plus, he does care for you a lot but he doesn't really understand how to show it."

"He showed it just fine in the homestead." I replied under my breath.

Minho tilted his head in confusion, "What?"

"Nothing, please continue."

"He's going through a lot right now, I hope you know that."

"Like what?" I asked, looking up at the tall glader.

"He didn't want you to know about his limp, he didn't want anyone to know about his limp. It really hurts him, you know? It's a burden he has to carry and it's hard for others to understand."

I nodded slowly, taking in the information, "Why did he tell me then."

"Because he's in love with you."

I snorted, "In love with me? You've got to be kidding."

He shook his head, glancing behind him at the farm. He nudged my shoulder, pointing at a certain blonde boy in the fields. I smiled, watching the glader lean back and look at his hard work. A smile bloomed across the second in command's face before he continued to plant the crops.
Minho gazed back at me, watching as a smile started to work it's way across my lips.
He sighed, "See? You're in love with him too."

I shook my head quickly, "What? No, I'm just happy that his leg is feeling better."

"Keep telling yourself that, let me know how long it works out for."