James imagine

My mother sat in her usual spot on the couch, watching god knows what on the TV. Today is Thanksgiving but most of my family couldn’t make it due to transport. You see my family are very supportive and caring about everything I do, but they hardly have any time to come see us.

"Mum, Do you have the keys to Grandma’s house?" I asked, as James came and sat down next to me. My grandma passed away 3 years ago and I haven’t been in her house since. 

"Why do you ask?"  Her eyes never leaving the TV. 

"I… I want to go visit the house mum. I haven’t been in 3 years. "

"Yeah there in my room. Hold on a second and I will get them." I felt James’s hand slip into mine’s and he caressed my skin.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" His soft voice whispered into my ear as his breathe blew onto my skin making me shiver.

"Yes." James sweetly smiled as he brought my hand up to his face and gently kissed it.

"Here you go sweetie." My mother handed me the keys to grandma’s house, and me and James both got up and left the house. My grandma only stayed down the road from me so it wasn’t that much of a walk. 

I opened the door and instantly smelled the scent of apples. I smiled as I remembered the first day she got it. Everything was just the way it was before she died. 

"You okay baby?" James asked whole pulling me to his side, kissing the top of my head. 

"Yeah, thank you." I let got of his grip and walked into the living room where all the pictures of the family were. The first picture that I seen when I walked in was one of me and her mid laughing while staring at each other. The memories were just as rived as they were 4 years ago. My sight became blurry as tears were slipping down from my eyes down my cheeks. And that was when the water works came. 

"Hey baby, come here." James cooed as he took the photo from my hands gently before wrapped his strong muscular arms around my body. "She will be so proud of you Maya. You’re so strong and I’m proud of you baby. You’ve got to continue making her smile okay? I love you so much Maya." James said as he rocked us both back and forth, humming a song I didn’t recognize. I felt safe and all my worries washed away when I was with James. 

"I love you too James. So so much." James tilted my head up to face him as his face moved closer to mines. James’s lips connected with mines, softly but full of passion. I kissed back putting every single bit of love I had for him, as I am thankful for having him in my life.