"Yo Tim, got a minute?"I glanced at Xavier like he was crazy, it was obvious the poor boy was struggling. Xavi's face was full of mischief. He was clearly holding back his laughter. "Fuck off you stupid prick. Unless you're about to jump in and help me, I ain't got time for your shit" he snaps. He didn't even bother to look in Xavier's direction. Tim looked seriously pissed but Xavi still laughed at him. "Just stand back a minute and let me help him back this crowd down. After that I'll get you going" Xavi said. I just nodded and backed into a corner out of the way. Xavi jumped in next to Tim and they both started knocking out orders left and right. It was actually pretty awesome to watch as they moved around one another so fluidly. Grabbing bottles, mixing cocktails, filling beers on tap, breaking empties, collecting cash and making change all without bumping each other once. It didn't take long for them to get the bar back under control. Tim was finally able to stop and say hello. Xavi walked me up to Tim and introduced me.

"This is Tim, one of our best bartenders. Tim this is....." He paused. We never really discussed what I wanted to be called at work so I think he was unsure what to say. "KitKat , everyone calls me KitKat," I said. Xavi smiled. "She's a new server. Tonight's her first night and it looks like she picked a hell of a night to start." He scanned the crowd that had grown in the short time we had been there."Thanks bruh, way to calm my nerves." I said jokingly. "Haha, I like her," Tim told Xavi. "You'll be fine. It's not that bad. Once you learn the table numbers and the layout you'll be flying around this place." Tim flashed me a big toothy smile. He seemed really sweet. I like him, I think we will get along fine.

"Alright Xavi, what do I need to know?" I asked. "Well, first things first. You've been here so you are familiar with the club layout. The DJ booth is up there and the VIP area is on that side there." He indicated an area in the far back corner of the club. You had to go up a set of risers and through a roped off curtain to enter the VIP room. Another spiral staircase located outside of that room led up to the DJ booth. He motioned for me to follow him. He took me to a far wall and behind a curtain there was a small hallway and a door. There's a keypad beside it. "This is the dressing room for the dancers but also the locker room for the female employees in general so you can keep your personal items in there. The keypad is a safety measure so customers can't just waltz in there. I'll have a code for you by the end of the night." In the corner next to the door was a spiral staircase that leads to the second floor. There is office space up there according to Xavi and I will probably never need to go up there.

We made our way back to the bar. More people were standing around it again and Tim had picked up his pace again."Okay, here is a laminated card with the layout of all the tables and their numbers. Use this until you're confident you've got it down." he shouted over the music.

He handed me a serving tray. I felt a touch of nervousness in my stomach."Just keep the card on your tray. Do you have any questions?" he asked me. I shook my head "Not that I can think of." He walked to the register and pulled out a stack of ones and started counting. He came back and handed it to me. "Here is your bank. Basically the customer pays you and you pay the bar. You make change from your bank and tips throughout the night. At the end of the night you cash out by returning your bank to the bar and everything over that is yours." he explains."Ok, got it" I nodded. "Well, that's it Kit. Guess you're good to go" Xavi said.

I took a deep breath and plastered on a smile. Xavi jumped behind the bar and immediately threw himself into a groove. I began walking around the tables and through the crowd. I scanned the room waiting for someone to catch my eye or wave me over. I also paused as I walked by asking if anyone would like another. Finally I got a table that wanted three beers, a jack and coke, and a vodka martini. I made my way to the bar and put my order in to Tim. Then I took the drinks back and smiled, laughed at the customers jokes and walked away with a $10 tip. So went the rest of the night. Get an order. Take it back. Get a tip. Easy peasy.