Chapter 22

I woke up feeling tired still, overthinking every night. Staying up until past midnight, because I couldn't sleep. I took my phone under my pillow. As usual I went on my twitter page. I scrolled down my timeline when I was flooded with tweets about Cameron and Rachel. I typed "Cameron and Rachel" on the search button, and saw a picture of Cameron and her together. I sat up on my bed, and drop my phone. It's only been a day, yet he's already seeing someone else now. My heart is already broken, and it tore into million of pieces, once again. "Ashley, It's already afternoon, get up!" yelled Hayes, while banging on the door.

"Alright! Alright! Stop bangging on the door!" I yelled back at him. I started fixing my bed, and went to the washroom to take a shower.

After I took a shower, I went downstairs, where I saw all of them gathered up in the kitchen. "Let's eat," said Dad.

I sat beside Skylynn, and was about to put a bacon on my plate when Nila said "Don't sit there," I stood up, and walked my way on the other side of the table, where Hayes was sitting and took a sit beisde him. I don't understand Nila, it feels like im just a nobody to her. She didn't even ask how I was doing, she didn't even say Hi to me or whatever. Well.. probably because she's not my mom. I don't even know who my real parents are. The fact that I was adopted by Chad and Elizabeth, doesn't make it any easier to get along with Nila. What did I even do to deserve this? I don't remember doing anything wrong. All my life, I just wanted to experience how a mom takes care of her child, like she does to my other siblings. I just want to have a bond between the two of us. That's all I want for her to do.

"Do you have any plans today?" asked my Dad, who was looking at me.

"Nothing yet," I answered. When I finished eating, I eventually went back to my room. I should have not came back here, I don't feel welcome at all. But, whatever. At least, I get to be away from all the problems. I heard my phone ringing, so I quickly jumped on my bed and grabbed it.

"Hey Finn"

Jack: "I miss you"

"I miss you too"

Jack: "So, how's my beautiful bestfriend?"

"Not good, I need my bestfriend right now"

Jack: "What's wrong?"

I started explaining everything to him, and he wasn't interrupting me. He's a good listener.

Jack: "I actually know what happened"

"Why did you made me explain everything then"

Jack: "I just wanted to hear your voice, anyways I'll talk to you again later. Bye"

Then he hanged up. He didn't even help me. Great. Dad, Skylynn, Hayes and I decided to go to Crystal Coast. My favourite place here. I missed walking by this ocean so bad. Nila didn't want to come, she said she has stuff to do, like always. We also called Mom, Elizabeth if she wanted to come, but she said no. "Lets go for a walk!" said Skylynn, while pulling my hand. We started walking together, and having a little chat while doing so. She was even wearing the pink sunglasses I bought her.

"How'd you like the sunglasses?" I asked her, she looked up to me, and gave me her sweetest smile.

"I love it! You should have bought one for yourself, so we have the same kind!" she said while giggling. I gave a short giggle, as she started running away from me, so I followed her.

"Wait up!" I yelled at her, she stop for a minute and laughed. I removed my flats and started running behind her, until I bumped into someone. "Im sorry," I apologized, while looking behind him to see if Skylynn is still around. I saw Skylynn running towards me, when the person I bumped into laughed.

"Ashley," he said.

I looked at him directly, when I saw Chris who was in front of me. "CHRIS!" I said in a loud voice, I gave him a hug and he hug me back. "What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Ashley..." said Skylynn who was looking at me and Chris.

"Sky, this is Chris. Chris that's Skylynn," I introduced them to each other. After she greeted Chris, I told her to come back to where Dad and Hayes were staying, and she did.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked again.

"Our family decided to go on a short vacation, and they wanted to go here," he started explaining.

"We have to take a picture!" I said in excitement. I took out my phone and we took a picture together.

I went to my twitter, and tweeted with the picture attached.

<< Look who I bumped into! @WeeklyChris :)