{Chapter 15}

{Previous: I look back at the metal chest and saw that there was a lock on it. Looking back at the key once more I had the grand idea to connect the two. Setting the key into the lock and twisting it. Allowing a click to be heard before the lid of the chest popped up a bit, implying it was opened. I grab the lid of the chest and look inside...}

I stared expressionless. Unsure of what to expect. Inside held another hand mirror, a map and a shovel. So the person who buried this either did it with their hands since the shovel is here or they had a extra. There were some books along with a neatly folded winter coat. Why a winter coat though. From what I've heard this place isn't cold enough for snow in the winters.

'I would bring that if I were you, Bedrock.'
I hear Herobrine say. "What do you mean??" I asked. He remained silent. I look back at the chest again. Well, I guess I'll take these things with me. They all might come in some use. Honestly though I wasn't sure if I should feel relieved or not.

I was expecting something like a tiny version of Herobrine sitting in the chest waiting for me.
(Idea was from someone in the comments last chapter. I thought it was hilarious)
I snickered to myself before grabbing the things.
'What so funny Bedrock.' Herobrine said with a irritated tone in his voice. "It's nothing."

I walk back around the front and look at the doors. I lodged the shovel into the cracks of the doors and pushed down. With a couple of tries one of the doors finally lodged itself unlock. I sigh in victory before lifting the door up. I was met with a small cool breeze to my face.

I looked inside and saw a small set of stairs leading to what I can only assume was a cellar. I grab the shovel and the other things before stepping down the stairs. It was slightly chilly in here as I looked around. I see a switch and proceed to flip it. In seconds the redstone connected to the switch lit up and trailed its way to a lamp before it lit up. Lamps were always considered magical to me. 

When I grew up, lamps were too expensive for me and my family, so we always lived on torches, candles and other fire related things. Don't pity me though. Most family's could barely afford more than one lamp. I look beside the lit lamp, there was a table with several dusty books sitting in neat piles with a stack of chests sitting aside.

Curious and sorta desperate, I stood before the chests and set them apart before opening them. In each held moldy foods, ores, stone, and some wood. Well at least I won't have to walk all the way back in case my tools break. I let out a sigh before closing the chests and looking to the table.

I grab the first book on top of one of the piles and flipped through it. Nothing important other than methods in mining. They were much older methods. Back before humans figured out how far deep diamond and emerald was. I close the book and set it back down. I look behind me to the other side of the room and my heart sunk.

I backed up against the table. There was a mirror stand and inside it was my reflection and Herobrine staring at me right through it. 'Why startled all of a sudden? You weren't this terrified the entire time you walked here.' His voice echoed following with a dark chuckle.

The way he said that gave me the haunting realization that the entire time I had made my way here, he had been watching my every move. Just like the mobs in the forest. I shut my eyes for a second before rubbing them.

When I looked back up into the mirror, Herobrine was standing closer to me. But he was no longer facing the mirror. Instead he was facing ME.
'You need to understand... that I won't let you forget me so easily.' As he said those words I could see him slowly make his way in my direction.

I tried to move but for some reason I couldn't. Of all times to be frozen in fear. Either way I could still see him make his way to me. Soon he was in front of me to my left. I know he can't touch me but just the fact that I know he's in front of me freaks me out.

'What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?' He chuckled darkly. I can see him reach a hand out and place it on my cheek. Oh Notch. I don't know if I'm just freaking myself out but I couldn't help but think I can feel his cold touch. I scoot my head back a little, still keeping my eyes on the mirror. I can see his menacing grin grow wider.

He than moves directly I front of me, making me unable to see my reflection. Notch, what the hell is he doing??? It was then that I realized I wasn't just freaking myself out when I thought I had felt him touch me. No, I knew he was touching me. It was faint. And slightly cooler than the temperature around me.

I can feel his hand travel up my arm. And my idea of what he was doing was confirmed when I saw his arm through the mirror move a bit. I shudder at the thought of what he could do to me if I were asleep. I couldn't bare look anymore as I lowered my head and closed my eyes shut.

'You mortals are sure sensitive. Makes me wonder how your species hasn't been wiped out yet.' I heard him say. My breathing hitched as the similar cold touch made it's way to my hips. And even despite how cold it was down here I could feel my face begin to heat up. Just what is he thinking of doing to me? Come to think of it I already have a idea of it.

It was silent for a moment. Than I heard him let out a sigh as soon as his touch disappeared.
'You should get going in finding my stronghold. I will speak to you eventually. But before I do...' he seemed to pause for a moment. In that short amount of time I looked back up to the mirror. He was still in front of me. 'Look at me in the eyes.' He said. I felt a light cold pressure below my chin as it ushered me to look up. Eventually the ushering stopped as I looked up most likely into Herobrines eyes.

'Bedrock miners are the highest level miners there is. We'll see if you really do live up to your rank.'