{Chapter 13}

{Previous: The tapping had halted. 'Well?' He spoke. "Well what?"
'Aren't you gonna get the map? You stupid mortals can't navigate without a map so go get it!' I jumped when his voices raised and quickly stumbled onto my feet and grabbed the latter to the attic.}

Upon climbing into the attic I look around to find the chests all open. Ron must have been up here. At least I hope it was Ron. I get to one of the chests and look inside to find a rolled up map. Taking it and quickly unraveling it, I look into it. The map displayed the entire forbidden lands. A square being my house stood there in the center of a large circle drawn into it. Possibly a good 200 miles long. I'm only guessing here. "Wouldn't it be obvious if you had just search in the center?" I asked. 'They have already. But there is no sign of the strong hold anywhere near it.' Herobrine's voice now calm softly echoed around my head. Inside the circled area were several black dots around. Reading the notes behind the map revealed these dots were mine-shafts and caves. Reading some more notes left scattered inside the chest helped me learn that each had a map display down there showing every system they created incase someone got lost. And ours just so happened to not have one. Unless I missed it, after all it was pitch dark down there, nothing but me and Ron's torch lit up the place a bit. I sigh in distress before stacking the papers together and caring them down the latter carefully. "So how exactly did the previous miners figure out this area was the place to look for the strong hold?" I asked aloud as I set the papers and map on the coffee table. There was a bit of silence before I spoke again "Hello??" I waited a little bit longer but there was no voice to respond back. What the hell. Was I Just hallucinating This whole time?? Or was it some kind of joke. I groan in slight annoyance before skimming through the papers once more. After reading through it a few more times I eventually figured it out. Connection. That's what Herobrine has. He is trapped in this area and the way the previous people found this out was the connection they had. I looked back on when Ron gave a chill when he first stepped over that line. That spot was the edge of the circle. So what they did was traveling around to find Herobrine's limit of connection with us humans. "So if I can see him through mirrors would that mean his form can't travel outside the dome? Gotta say Notch is sure dumb for doing that instead of just trapping all of him inside the stronghold." I mumbled aloud. I let out another sigh. Yeah I don't need that gods help. Neither Notch or Herobrine's. I bet I can find this strong hold in no time. Wait why am I looking forward to this? I'm literally am being forced to release absolute chaos upon the world. I sit there thinking to myself. Questioning my motives. Maybe I do want this. After all what has the world ever done for me? Nothing but the empty feeling of being alone. I sit there quietly for a little while longer before standing up and stepping outside. I shivered to the cool breeze hitting my skin. I lean forward against the porch fence and look around. So that way, was where we came from. Which would imply, that way is north or the top of the map. So if I just take the path, there should be some kind of other path leading to one of the abandon mineshafts. I should start looking there. If I do, it will take a good week or two to search depending on how deep and wide it is. "Alright, I've made up my mind." I walk back inside and start to pack foods and water along with my mining gear. 'What about, Bedrock?' Herobrine's voice once again spoke. "I'm heading to one of the mineshafts to find your strong hold." I explained before strapping up my gear to the bag. 'Is that so. Then I don't suppose you've figured out what you want.' He questioned. "No not yet." I can hear him grumble in annoyance before responding with 'It better be something good. other wise I'll just throw you into a pit of zombies to be mauled to death.' I narrow my eyes a bit at my bag "Well then what's the point of making the deal if your gonna kill me either way? Might as well call it off now and get it done with." 'NO!' Herobrine shouted in somewhat of a tone of desperation. I raise a brow as I tilted my head. ' A deals a deal.' He mumbled. Thought so. When finished packing I toss the bag over my shoulders and leave the house. My face stuffed in the map while occasionally looking up at the direction I should be walking. If I just take the usual path and keep my eyes open I should find the other path. I look to the horse and contemplate whether or not I should bring them. I shook my head. The walk will be much shorter so there's no need for a horse. But I should give her extra hay so they don't starve. I grab two bales and toss them over the fence on their side and checked to make sure their water was refilled. Once satisfied with how I'm leaving things I begin my journey to the next mineshaft.

(FINALLY! THIS CHAPTER IS POSTED!!!! Lmao I'm sorry for leaving you guys hanging like that. I would say I was sick yesterday but that's not gonna cover me for the past uhhh 2 weeks?)