THIRTY ONE - A GOOD FRIEND

Start from the beginning

Azure didn't respond, instead she nibbled at her lips and continued cutting the peppers. She was aware that Armani was back in town, however she still wasn't completely over her behavior at the party; And Armani must've gotten the hint because she hadn't reached out either.

"I'm guessing that's a no?" Justin remarked.

"Not yet. I'm not rushing it either if I'm being honest." Azure rolled her eyes.

"I get why you're upset Z, but just remember that you and Armani are two different people. What triggers her, doesn't trigger you. However I'm going to be triggered if you two make this dinner awkward because you —"

Justin's phone chimed, interrupting him as a notification popped. "Mhhh and look at that, Marley and Armani are here. So get that chip off your shoulder Ms. Thang."

Azure continued to chop away as Justin made his way over to his front door. Usually she would be all for her best friend's advice, but Justin didn't have kids so there was only so much he would understand.

"Ouu it smells good in here Papi, look at you showing them housewife skills." said Marley the moment Justin allowed the two inside.

Armani nodded with a laugh, "Right, this mofo ain't never cook for us but got it smelling like Big Momma's house for his little boo. I'm jealous."

They began to remove their jackets, placing them in his hallway closet along with their purses.

"Oh hush." Justin flagged them bashfully, "Y'all asses are always so caught up in your own drama so I'm pushed to the background. That's why I don't cook for y'all."

"Oop, tell us how you really feel Jus." Marley sliced her eyes at him in a playful manner. "Anyway, we're here now so where's my new brother in law so I can give him the third degree. I need to lay down some rules."

Justin tittered, however he knew that Marley was dead serious. It was a good thing that Rome wasn't in attendance yet, so Justin himself could lay down some rules to his friends who could be a tad bit much.

"He's not here yet, it's just me and Azure. She's helping me cook, so choose a task and stick with it." Justin told them.

Armani rolled her eyes at the mention of Azure's name, and Justin caught it immediately. While at first Armani thought everything was cool, word traveled fast in their family and she was known well aware that Azure was holding onto a grudge from her previous actions.

That was typical Baby Blue, as she loved the feeling of a stick up her ass. Nico had forgiven her quickly and let the situation go, but once Armani saw that Azure hadn't even responded to any of her messages in the group chat she figured that she was still a little salty.

"Don't start." Justin mumbled.

"I'm cool, I don't know what you mean." Armani forcefully smiled, making her way to the kitchen behind Marley.

Justin shook his head and decided to check on Rome's whereabouts while his friends fixed their rough patch. He dialed out his number, and when Rome didn't answer Justin's heart dropped. It was very realistic that maybe he just didn't see the call, but in Justin's mind he was getting cold feet when it came to taking things to the next level

He disappeared into his bedroom to get his emotions together. This couldn't be happening again.
Not only would it be embarrassing, but it would be heartbreaking. Justin waited a few minutes, and when Rome didn't call back right away he decided the hell with it. He pulled up his message thread, and began to berate him through text. He was tired of being run over, and Rome would feel his words.

Justin took a deep breath and hovered his finger over the send button. Just then his phone lit up with Rome's contact picture, a wave of relief immediately waving over him.