50) So Wrong... (The Girlfriend pt 2)

Later that evening, I went to Varian's house.

A simple task usually, but it definitely felt different this time.

Sitting down on his bed felt abnormal even though I've slept over a million times before.

"You wanted to talk about Minnie?" He shut the door and sat down next to me.

"Yeah... look, Var, I just-"

"Before you say anything," he started, grabbing my hands and holding them between his slightly calloused ones. "I wanted to say I'm sorry. I've been an absolutely horrible friend, and I realize that. Minerva has been taking up so much of my time lately. I love her, but..."

I felt my heart pulse. Is he gonna say what I think he's gonna say?

"B-but...?"

"I don't think the relationship is gonna last long."

Annnnd my breathing calmed. Thank god. I thought he was going to confe-

"Because I love you, Y/n." He said with a warm smile.

...whAT???

I felt the already strong tingle in my cheeks grow stronger.

"Y-you do?" My heart started to ache again, bringing a loud pounding to my ears as well.

He nodded. "I tried to forget about you. I tried to just move on because it felt like you weren't interested, y'know?"

"Yeah. I know first hand." I slightly chuckled.

"Every time I'm with Minerva, all I can think about is you. This one time, we were at a science fair. She didn't even care about any of the absolutely terrific inventions that were there. The entire fair was incredible and yet all she could talk about is my looks. I started thinking about how it would've been if you were there instead of her..." I heard the guilt in his voice, which made my heart sank. I stayed quiet for a bit before he squeezed my hands tighter.

"Do you feel it too, Y/n?"

The sentence was so vague... and yet I knew exactly what he was talking about. I nod. He moved his hand to my cheek and leaned in eagerly to kiss me. I gasped before his lips fell onto mine.  This actually wasn't the first time we kissed as strange as that is. But, this time, it felt like much more than a kiss.

It felt like love.

I deepen the kiss and he slithers his arm around my waist, forcing us both to lie down with him on top. He moved his hand that was once on my cheek to interlock with my hand. I pull away to breathe.

"This... this feels better than any date with Minerva." He gave me a half smile which made the butterflies in my stomach run rampant.

"I didn't even get to yell at you like I was planning to." I admitted. He planted his forehead on mine.

"This feels a lot better, doesn't it?" He said, seduction clear in his voice. I only nodded and leaned in to kiss him again.

We ended up making out until my mom had called to tell me to come home, which was disappointing to say the least. Everything felt like a dream come true.

Until the next day of school of course.

While doing a lab with Rapunzel, Varian and Minerva were sitting adjacent to us. Every time I looked over to them, I could see Varian looking uneasy as she kissed all over him. He even glanced back at me a few times. I just looked away and hope he didn't notice that I was staring.

"So, how did talking to Varian go?" Rapunzel asked, putting away a test tube and getting out a new one from the rack.

"It went ffffine." I felt a thumping in my chest.

"What happened? What did you say?"

"Mmmm hey! Did you get a haircut and dye your hair brown?"

"...while I'm happy you noticed, you need to tell me what happened. I need all of the details!"

"I'll just..." I look at Varian. Minerva kissed him on his neck, close to the hickey I gave him. He seemed panicked and caught me staring. I observe him mouth "help me" dramatically and giggle, throwing a small pebble from our lab at her head, causing her to move away from Varian. I look back towards Rapunzel who stared at me with one eyebrow lifted.

"... I'll tell you at lunch."

And that's exactly what I did.

"Wow. You're a slut." Cassandra said. Rapunzel gasped and elbowed her.

"Cass, hush! Y/n is probably having a crisis here right now!"

"Actually, I'm fine. It's more like Varian having the crisis-" and right on cue, Varian and Minerva sat down with us.

"Hey, guys!" He said with a fake grin. I immediately felt the red stain my cheeks. God, I can't even look at him the same anymore.

"And why are you here?" Cass said.

"Oh! Just wanted to see my friends!" He scooted closer to me and whispered in my ear. "Did you tell them about yesterday or something?"

I cackled at the fear in his voice. "Sorry. It's girl code"

"You'll pay for that tonight." He bit my ear and moved away as if he didn't just make me get a second heartbeat.

"Variannn! Where did you get this shirt?!" Minerva said, Pinching some of the fabric.

"Uh, A-American Eagle!"

"You look soooooo hot! I could just drag you to the bathrooms right now and-"

"Hey, Varian," I said, trying to save him.

"Yes?" He said eagerly.

"We should head to the library real quick. I have to print this thing out for our literature project."

"Can't you just go alone?" Minerva glared at me. I gave her a sweet smile.

"I don't know. Can you go one day without kissing all over Varian, making the rest of us want to fucking throw up?" As I saw her getting ready to throw back an insult, I quickly interrupted her. "Yeah. Thought so. Come on, Var." I grabbed his wrist and dragged him with me.

"Y/n why would you—" I pushed him inside the janitor's closet and shut it right behind us. I glare at him and cross my arms.

"... you want round 2 right now?" He asked hesitantly.

"Varian. Why haven't you broken up with her yet?"

"I-I tried! She just can't take a hint!"

"So then give her the answer!"

"I've tried! I'm telling you, I've tried!" We both let out an exasperated sigh before going silent.

"Maybe... I don't have to break up with her. We can just... continue." He said, getting close to me and gripping my waist.

"V-Varian, you know that-"

"I know I know. It's messed up. But, it's not my fault she won't let up! Please, Y/n? Just for a day or two more? I'll try again after."

"...fffine."

He softly kissed my cheek and lips, causing me to giggle.

"You're the best, babe."

Babe... I could get used to this.
~~~