12) Varian: The Greatest Teacher In All of Old Corona "(Y/N)..." Part 2

I'm the literal worse I'm s o s o r r y-

Varian was extremely nervous and excited for dinner tonight. He felt like dressing nice would make him look like he's trying too hard, so he just kept on what he had, but took off his old brown apron. He walked past his bathroom but then stopped in his tracks. He then proceeded to walk backwards into the bathroom and look at himself in the mirror. He lightly smiled, his perfectly freckled cheeks perking up. He began to floof up his bangs and adjusting his shirt and goggles.

"Hi, I'm Varian!" He spoke to his reflection. "Ugh, idiot! She already knows your name."

"Hey there, babe~" He smirked. He immediately changed his demeanor. "Ew, gross."

"Varian! It's time to go!" Quirin called.

"Coming!" He rushed out of the bathroom and down the stairs, jumping off the last step with a big dorky smile. Quirin looked at him, smiling.

"What are you so giddy for?" Quirin asked.

"Oh, just excited for dinner." He answered with a sly smile. Quirin tilted his head slightly. Varian opened the front door and walked out. Quirin followed him and closed the door.

~~~

Quirin knocked on the door. Varian adjusted his collar nervously. He froze once he saw that you opened the door. He felt a wave of heat through his body. He felt himself blush.

"Hi, there." You said shyly. There was that feeling again. That tight knot in his stomach that only came when you spoke.

"Hey! Is your father or mother home?" Quirin asked.

"Yeah, they-" You were interrupted by your father coming with his booming laugh.

"QUIRIN!!!" Your dad grabbed Quirin in a giant bear hug, which made you giggle a little. Which made Varian's knot tighter. "Come on in! (Y/N), show Varian the upstairs, would you?"

"Oh, okay-" You said hesitantly. "Follow me."

"Gladly ." Varian thought as he followed you upstairs to your room.

"This is where I sleep. Obviously." You chuckled to yourself, which made Varian smile softly. He looked at your bookshelf.

"You read?" He asked you.

"Yeah. Well, there's not much else to do." You chuckled again. He noticed that was probably a nervous habit of yours. His little heart was gonna be big and full by the end of the night if you keep being this adorable.

"Whatcha reading now?" He asked, sitting on a nearby chair.

"Just a book about science." You answered. Varian silently fangirled and perked up.

"Would you be interested in learning about... alchemy?" He gave a giant smile.

"Umm... sure!" You smiled back.

He sighed and rested his face in his fists, admiring you. You were his perfect match!

"So pretty..." He whispered.

"Hm?" You asked. He panicked.

"U-um- I said- so... gritty! T-this chair. it's kinda uncomfortable." He internally screamed curse words at himself.

"Oh. You can sit on the bed if you-"

Before you could finish your sentence, he was already on your bed, sitting perfectly. It made you laugh.

"So, about this alchemy stuff..." You got up and grabbed your science book. "It mentions it in the 56th chapter." You sat back down, closer to him. You could tell he was really tense.

"Oh... I-I read this book before. Some of the phrases are hard to learn for beginners. It's more on the intermediate level."

"So, you want me to buy a different book?"

"Nope! Because you have a great teacher with you." He said with confidence. You giggled and scooted even closer to him and opened the book in between the two of you.

"Alright then, Mr. Varian, teach me all about alchemy." You looked into his bright blue eyes and he looked into your (E/C) ones.

~~~

"-and the discovery of a means of indefinitely prolonging life." He read. He looked at you. You were resting soundly on his shoulder. He smiled and was about to close the book until he felt your hand on his. He blushed and looked at you.

"Keep reading." You said softly, still resting. He smiled, reopening the book and reading once again.

~~~

Quirin walked into the room. "Kids! Time to..." He paused and smiled softly at the sweet sight of you and Varian asleep, you on his shoulder and his head on yours. "Of course." He softly closed the door. "The reason why he was so excited..."

~~~

I hate this and i apologize