2) "I-I'm Not Jealous!"

There he was.

Chatting up a storm with Cassandra.

You knew he really liked her. so much so, that he named an entire element after that girl and not after you.

Such a sickening sight. How dare she take your best friend!? That's like you taking Rapunzel into your arms and kissing her right in front of Eugene!

...

Okay, it's nothing like that. But still!

You felt like strangling someone, but you didn't know why. It's not like you and Varian were dating. Sure, there were times where you guys flirted with each other a little, like that one time you took Varian's wrench and made him chase after you and when he had you cornered against a wall, he seduced you into giving it back.

...

Good times.

"Hey, (Y/N)!"

"OMFNWIOHFOWFBNO" You panicked and tried to run, but ended up tripping over a rock, falling to the ground. You looked behind you to see it was just Rapunzel.

"What are you up to?" The blonde asked.

You sighed. "Nothing, I guess." Rapunzel helped you up and you brushed off your clothes.

"What were you staring at?" Rapunzel asked and looked in Varian and Cassandra's direction.

"N-nothing." You felt heat rise up to your cheeks.

"Aww, what are you so red for?" It took her a while for her to realize...

"OHHHHHHH! I see now!" Rapunzel giggled and put her hands behind her back. "You're jealous that Varian is talking to Cassandra!"

"Jealous!? I-I'm not jealous! W-what makes you think that!?" You crossed your arms and looked away to hide your rose red cheeks.

"You're stuttering! You're totally jealous!" She laughed. "Awwh~ (Y/NNNN)!"

"ENOUGH! I'M NOT JEALOUS! UGH!"

You saw Varian and Cassandra look in your direction. You quickly hid your blushing face behind your hand.

"You think he noticed?" You whispered to Rapunzel.

"Noticed what? You screaming about you not being jealous~?" She teased. "Oh look! It seems like he did since he's coming this waayy~!"

"hE'S WHAT?!" you whisper shouted. You peeked between your fingers to see that Varian had waved goodbye to Cassandra and was walking towards you. You quickly uncovered your face and stood next to Rapunzel as an attempt to act normal.

"Hey, (Y/N)." Varian greeted cheerfully "Princess Rapunzel," He had that look. That one look he has whenever he's super confident. The look that you always found super attractive.

I mean... what?

"Hi, Varian~" Rapunzel giggled. You elbowed her side. "Ow!"

"Hey, Varian!" You tried to act calm.

"I finally gave Cassie that necklace!" He said proudly. You hated the way he talked about her. CaSsIe. Barf.

"I-I'm so happy for you Var!" you lied, trying to hide the fact that you were bitter. Suddenly, Rapunzel's face brightened.

"Hey, Varian! I have a super special assignment for you~!" Rapunzel smirked.

"Wow, really? What is it?" Varian said, his rosy freckled cheeks hugging the underside of his perfect, sky blue eyes that made your heart melt every time you looked at them.

I mean... huh?

"Well, I want you to um.. run an experiment on human emotions! it requires that you... Um..." She grabbed you by your shoulders and roughly pulled you in front of her, causing you to yelp out of surprise. "it requires you to take (Y/N) out on a date!"

"w-WHAT?!?" You looked at her in confusion and disbelief. Varian tilted his sideways. He always did that when he was confused. It was just,,, too adorable. Rapunzel continued to smile at him.

"For science!" She told him.

he stayed quiet for a moment. "I mean... i'm okay with it, as long as (Y/N) is, of course" He scratched the back of his head smiling nervously. You were surprised by his response. You felt like your heart was about to beat out of your chest.

"I think she'd be honored to go on a date with you, wouldn't you, (Y/N)?"

You just stood there and nodded like a dork with a huge smile.

"Well then... Lady (Y/N), In the name of science, will you be willing to go out on a date with me" Varian asked you, bowing jokingly.

"O-of course!" You tried to act calm. But in reality...

You. Were. D y i n g.

"Cool! So... how about later today? I'll meet you at your house."

You laughed nervously. "S-sounds good to me haha!"

Varian smiled. "Then it's a date! See you soon," He grabbed your hand and kissed it gently. "Milady~". He winked before running off into the distance towards his house. You stood there stunned. Did... Did you just get a date with Varian? Oh god, oh f-

"See, (Y/N), It wasn't that hard! Don't you agree?" Rapunzel waited for your response. You stood quietly, many thoughts filling your mind. Only one had taken over.

"... (Y/N)?"

"i hAVE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO WEAR!!!" You bolted home. Rapunzel giggled and rubbed fake dust off of her hands. Eugene came over from behind her and wrapped his arm around her.

"What's goin' on blondie?" He asked her.

"Oh nothing... except for young love." She swooned.

"Varian and (Y/N) finally got together?"

"Almost. I set them up on a date later tonight. You know, worked my Rapunzel magic." She chuckled to herself.

"Let's just hope they take it that far." They proceeded to walk to the castle, hand in hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OKAY WOW I FEEL LIKE THIS ONE IS REALLLY MESSY UGH IM AN ARTIST NOT A WRITER-

Also I stole that Varian head tilt idea from disnnerd ehheh

Word count: 838