45) Two Lines (AWT Part 3)

Ooga booga this is over dramatic and all over the place
~~~
After spending the next week or so at the cabin, it was time to go home. A few more days pass and I start feeling nauseous.

Really nauseous.

After throwing up three times in one day, I immediately go to my bed and take a phat nap. The aching pain in my stomach hasn't gone away and I could never figure it out...

Until Varian called me.

My ringer goes off and I answer it, wiping the drool from my mouth.

"Hey, Var bear-"

"Go to the drug store and get a pregnancy test."

I shook my head out of shock. "W-what?"

"Please, Y/n?" He begged "You said you've been feeling sick lately, right?"

"... Varian, it's probably just from the cold weather. I'm fine. We're fine."

"Just go and make sure... Please?"

"I'm n-"

"Call me when you get the results." He hung up. I groaned and laid down on my face.

I'm not... Why would he even think that?

Well... There's a possibility.

No, no. I'm not pregnant. It's just a cold.

You've had a cold for weeks.

That's normal.

You've been throwing up every morning.

...

I get up and grab my phone and car keys.

---
"You're real nervous, huh?" The cashier asked. I nodded.

"You can tell?"

"You're buying twelve pregnancy tests." She swiped the eighth one. I sighed. "Are you even sure you're pregnant?"

"No... Yes? Maybe. There's a chance. I've been feeling real sick lately and my boyfriend called me telling me to take a pregnancy test. I know it's gonna be negative though."

"And yet you're still buying twelve pregnancy tests?"

H-

She had a point.

After she checked out all of them, I paid her and she gave me my receipt and bag of tests.

"Listen, if they do all end up positive, know that having a child is gonna be a journey. I have three little bastards myself. But I love them all to death. They're gonna raise hell, but once they turn eighteen, you'll miss it. Trust me." She said warmly. I gave her an even warmer thanks for her advice and exited the store with a large knot in the pit of my stomach.

Was it from excitement? Nervousness? Fear?

Most likely all of the above.
---

I open the first test and breathed in deeply. I use it as directed and waited a bit for the results. Once I saw a single line form, I sigh of relief.

"Okay. Not pregnant." I chuckled to myself.

But the feeling still wouldn't shake.

I studied the test closer.

I could see

Just verrrry faintly

Two lines.