CHAPTER 18: Aftermath

Bakugou's POV:

When I come to. I'm in a huge room and laying on the softest bed I've ever felt. Cotton bandages are wrapped around my torso. When I sat up in bed. A sharp pain hits my left shoulder.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"eh? Who's there?!"

A butler comes in with a rolling table full of food.

"This is for you sir. The new king has made sure that when you awoke. You wouldn't go hungry."

I get up out of bed and grab a slab of meat. Then run out of the room.

"Sir please rest. You've been injured from battle."

"Where's Deku at?"

The butler looks at me strangely.

"Izuku Midoriya where is he damnit!?"

"He's in his chamber resting sir."

I start running down the halls until I find him. He wasn't in his room, but the library. Icyhot was on the other side of the room reading. Both of them had humungous stacks of books on the table beside them.

"Hey Deku what are you reading about?"

"Oh goodmorning Kacchan. I'm reading about a new form of governing the nation. Instead of a monarchy. I want this country to become a democracy. That way the people have say over who leads them. "

"What about Icyhot?"

"He's doing research on korogiri."

I didn't want to be in the same room as Icyhot for long. So I left. At the courtyard of the palace was kiri laying in a field of flowers. Just staring at the clear blue sky.

"Kiri looks over at me and smiles. So I lay beside him. My arms propping my head up as my legs are crossed.

"So what's on your mind Bakubro?"

"tch mind your own business."

"Come on! I know something is wrong. What is it? Is it about Izuku?"

"My cheeks start to burn at the sound of his name."

"So it is about Izuku! Could it be that you lo-"

I put my hand over his mouth and gave kiri a glare.

Kiri stops so I let go.

"Just tell him how you feel before it's too late. We both know that Shoto might make a move on him."

I get up and as I was pushing myself off the ground. I grabbed a few flowers. Without another word to kiri. I head back to the library. When I got there. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.