CHAPTER 11: Four Becomes Three

unknown's POV:

I was sent on a mission by the king to see where two of our scouts went. They're way past time to report in and they're from a village northeast of the castle. Once I arrived at the village. The people living there told me which way they went. Apparently those two found a lead on where the old kings son is. After awhile I reached the forbidden forest which was on fire. Tokoyami was barely alive. So I put him out of his misery. With a single movement down. My staff broke his skull. Up ahead I saw shinsou halfway frozen and trying to break free. From his waist down was ice.

"What happened here!?"

Shinsou starts trembling and turns to face me.

"Thank goodness you're here commander. Could you please help me out? I want to help you take down both the dragon prince and human one aswell before it's too late."

I was surprised to hear that they found both of our targets together.

"Too late? What do you mean by that?"

"Well sir they're going towards the dragons sacred mountain."

"Don't worry I'll take it from here. Now go home and rest up."

Shinsou lets down his guard and looks down to break the ice. In that moment I used my magic to kill him. Then I headed for the mountain. Upon arrival I saw a guy with wings and red hair walking away from the other three. I hid nearby and right before he was in sight of the three arguing. I grabbed him by wrapping my arm around his throat and put my free hand over his mouth and nose. Even though this guy was biting my hand. I refused to let go. Once he went limp. I tied him up and ran back to the castle with him in hand.