Chapter 20

Arden's POV
Liam. His brown eyes stared at me as he was swarmed by fans. He took pictures with them and signed autographs, but his eyes were on me the whole time. This was the first good look I've had of him in awhile. He looks good...who am I kidding? He looks great.
Once the fans were gone Liam strode over to me. By then I was already standing, clutching onto Goldy while balancing on my crutches. I felt as if the cut on my shoulder opened back up as Liam brought me into a bone crushing hug. It was a good kind of pain though.
The hug ended too soon and I wished that I was in his warm embrace again. Liam took another look at me and brought me into his arms again. Wish granted. I cherished every second of that hug as it faded by. Every second in his arms brought a new ray of sunshine in my life. It brightened up my life even when I was in the dark. He gave me strength to go on. He doesn't know how much he truly effects me.
Liam supported me as I hugged him back. His head was in the crook of my neck and I could feel his warm breath hit my skin. His body being so close to mine caused me to shiver at his touch. My knees went weak and I felt his grip tighten on my waist as I went limp. He moved away from me slightly so that he could look into my eyes.
"I've missed you." he said with love in his eyes.
How can you describe love? Trick question. You can't describe it. You have to feel it. Scientists have tried to come up with a definition of love, but it's different for everyone. Everyone has a different feel, a different effect of love. Love never grows old. It's forever young. Love doesn't need the fountain of youth because it's already eternal. It's neverending. It's the centerpiece of sanity in this chaotic world.
"I've missed you too." I said quietly, but if Liam was studying my eyes like I knew he was, then he would have seen how loud I was really screaming it.
His smile grew bigger and he picked me up off the ground, making me drop my crutches. I let out a small gasp and he twirled me around in the air. I let a small smile appear on my face. He stopped spinning me and cradled me in his arms. He picked up my crutches and my carry-on bag and still continued to hold me.
"Liam," I whispered while laying my hand on his chest. "Set me down." I didn't want him to set me down, but he was gonna hurt himself trying to carry everything. He looked sad for a moment, but reluctantly set me down. I situated my crutches under my arms and Liam wrapped his arm around my waist.
We avoided crazed fans and the paps as we grabbed a taxi. Liam told the driver to take us to a hotel, but I could honestly care less where I was at, as long as I was with Liam. Once we arrived at the hotel, Liam got us a room. We rode the elevator up to our floor and walked through the winding hallways until we reached our room.
I was deep in thought. I couldn't understand why Danielle would send Liam here. Wouldn't she want to spend her time with her fiance? Why would she send Liam? Why not one of the other boys? I mean I like Liam and all, but why?
Liam's lips caught me off guard as they crashed onto mine. His lips wanted nothing more than to be connected with mine. I gladly accepted the connection as our lips danced together. He pulled away after a deep, fulfilling kiss and stared into my eyes. He kissed me one more time before laying me down on the bed and slipping in beside me. He pulled the cover over us and our arms fought for the tighter embrace. Liam's lips pressed against my forehead as my eyes slowly closed.
Ever since we had argued, I haven't been able to get a good sleep. Now sleep seemed to come at me in full force. My eyes sealed shut and I fell asleep to Liam's soft breathing.
When I woke up again, it was dark outside. How long was I asleep? I looked at the alarm clock beside me and saw that it was 8:00 P.M. I guess I actually got some rest this time. I felt relaxed and ready. I spread my arm across the spot where Liam layed, but it was empty.
Right as I started to get worried Liam walked through the door. I let out a sigh of relief and sat up in bed. Liam walked over to me and kissed the top of my head. He was holding a bag that smelled deliciously good. I closed my eyes and breathed in the sweet scent radiating from the bag.
"I brought you some food. You haven't ate in forever." he said while handing me the bag.
How did he know that I haven't been eating? Is it that obvious? How does he always see right through me? I crunched the brown bag in my hands as I gripped the top of it. Liam took a step closer towards me. I opened the bag and saw 2 glazed donuts sitting at the bottom. Donuts? No...it's too fattening. I slowly closed the bag and before I knew it I was in Liam's arms.
"Please eat." he pleaded. I shook my head.
"You have to eat or you'll die!" he screamed. I gasped in shock at how high his voice had raised and at how he knew my secret.
*Flashback*
It's been 5 years since mum died. 5 years full of pain and torture. 1,825 days of agonizing violence. I'm 12 now. I have more scars than ever. Dad has been more violent lately. I wish mum was back.
I was walking home from school. I didn't own a lunchbox or a bookbag. Dad couldn't afford it. I stepped around the corner and saw some of my classmates walking towards me. I quickly turned on my heels and speeded away, but my speediness wasn't good enough. They caught up me as if I wasn't hurrying to get away at all.
"Hey fat girl." A boy a few inches taller said to me. I cringed as the words smacked me in the head. I tried to walk faster, but they kept following me.
"Do you honestly think you can get rid of us? We will always be here to bring you down. You can't escape us or your fat body." A girl spat. I clutched my stomach trying to hide it from their view.
"So many people are dying because you eat so much! Save some food for others, would you?" The same boy as before spoke.
I shook as their words drained the strength from my body. I trailed a few inches ahead of them, but they just snuck up closer behind me. I had my head held down low. I saw their feet wrap around mine. I sucked in a breath as my body hit the ground. The boy and girl quickly surrounded me and threw kicks in my direction. I held my breath the whole time. There was no point in trying to breathe when the breath would just get sucked out of you all over again.
The boy and girl soon left, leaving my stomach bruised and bloody. I layed on the ground and lifted up my shirt. I had no trace of fat on my skin, but everyone said I did. I hardly ever eat now these days. People would laugh at me and make fun of the way I eat. So to avoid it, I just don't eat at all.
I walked home in pain as my stomach throbbed from exhaustion and hurt. I made my way up the steps to the front door. Before I could turn the doorknob, it swung open to reveal a woman, probably 25 or 26. She was wearing a low-cut dress that stopped at mid thigh. It was very revealing. She shoved past me and walked down the side walk, the clacking of her heels fading away just as her body was too.
I knew my dad had just slept with her. It was obvious, but I didn't make it known. I walked through the entrance and saw my father sitting at the kitchen table. He was taking a sip of his beer like always. He slammed the bottle on the table and gave me a menacing stare.
"You know, the more you eat, the faster you die. I've been considering feeding you more." he said. His words sounded like a joke, but the look on his face proved he wasn't.
I gulped as he stood up and stumbled his way over to me. He stood in front of me and in one swift movement he lifted my shirt up. He eyes trailed over the blood and bruises.
"Who did this?" he asked. I wouldn't have answered, but he wouldn't have given me time to anyways.
"Your are ugly and fat. This is why they did that to you." he sneered while dropping my shirt. I wrapped the thin piece of clothing around my body and used my arms to shield my stomach, but my dad smacked my arms away. He kneed me three times in my stomach and I fell to the floor in pain.
"If you eat it might actually save you, but I think the world would be better off if you starve and die alone." he said with an evil smirk. Tears pricked my eyes, but I tried to remain strong.
"Go to you room." he said with beer trickling down his chin. I tried to move, but my body was too weak.
"Get up!" he screamed. Once again I tried, but failed. I made countless attempts to get up, but my body wouldnt let me.
"Go to your room!" he screamed louder. I started to tremble, knowing that I couldn't move.
Anger was shown over all his features. His eyes burned with flames deep down inside of them. His fists clenched as he made his way over to me. I shuddered as he grabbed my arm and dragged me up the stairs. The pain I felt was indescribable. He dragged me over to me bedroom and threw me inside. I hit the edge of the bedpost and slowly fell to the floor. My father stood in the doorway holding his beer.
"Your disgusting," he said with small drops of his beer falling to the floor. "You make me sick." He took another sip of his drink and left me there.
I felt paralyzed. I couldn't move. My body was numb. I hurt all over. When will this torture end? I just want it all to go away. What did I ever do? I was born. If I weren't born none of this would have happened. I was just a mistake. I was never meant to be brought into this world. It should have never happened. I should just leave now before things get worse.
I used my remaining strength to crawl over to my bedside table. Just the short distance made me want to puke up exhaustion. I reached up and opened the small, wooden drawer. I felt inside for the object I had set my heart on. My blade. I ran the tips of my fingers over the cold, shiny surface before picking it up. Today was the end. I'm through. I can't take it anymore.
I wanted to end my life that day, but something stopped me. I'll never know what though. I just couldn't gather enough courage to slit my own throat. But instead of cutting my throat, I cut something more delicate...my wrists. The pain on my wrists took all the other pain away. That was the first day I self harmed. I was 12 years old. I wanted to die and everyone else wanted me to die too. If starving would kill me faster, then starving is what I'd do.
*End of Flashback*
A tear slowly fell down my face. Each tear took their turn running down my face. Over the years, tears have became my best friends. They stick to me, but eventually dissolve into thin air. Liam knelt before me and cupped my face with his large hands. His thumbs gently rubbed away my tears.
"I'm sorry." he whispered. He sounded like he was close to tears himself. I brought him into a hug and his hands left my face and wrapped around my waist.
"Please eat," he said through my hair. "I don't want you to die." He didn't want me to die? I thought that was what everyone wanted, my death. Liam was different though. He wanted me alive.
He untangled his arms from my waist and retrieved the brown bag. He set it in my lap and whispered "Eat it." I nodded and took the bag from his hands. The sweet smell of the donuts drifted up to my nose. I closed my eyes to cherish the scent. I lifted up the donut to my mouth and took a small bite. My hands were shaking, but I managed.
"Thats my girl. Finish eating, love." he said with a smile. I finished off the first donut and moved on to the second. I hadn't realized how hungry I had been. I hadn't ate in days, but my stomach was glad to have some food in it's system. Once I was done, Liam threw the bag away. He walked back over to me and grabbed my hands and lifted me up.
"I want to take you somewhere." he said with a smile that showed off his beautiful teeth. I nodded and gave a small smile back. He got my crutches and helped me to the door. We grabbed a taxi and Liam told the driver where to go. He refused to tell me, so I had to wait to find out where we were going. No one has ever surprised me before. Are surprises really surprising?
The moon was out as the taxi drove through the city. After what seemed like hours, the taxi stopped. Liam stepped out first then helped me out. He told me to close my eyes, so I did. Excitement corsed through my viens as he led me closer to our destination. After a few more hops, Liam told me to open my eyes. I did so and what I saw was truly the best surprise ever.
Standing before me was Disney. Not Disney World, but Disney Land. It was beautiful. Different neon lights floated through the air and lit up the sky. Is this what Danielle and the other boys saw when they arrived at Disney World? Liam held my waist as we walked through the park.
He won me a giant teddy bear from a game. It was huge! We didn't really ride any rides, but I had fun. Right as we were about to leave, Liam stopped in front of the ferris wheel.
"Do you want to ride it?" he asked. No, I can't. I'm terrified of hieghts! I shook my head feverishly.
"Please." he begged with his bottom lip jutting out. His cuteness was unbearable so I finally nodded. He broke out into the biggest smile ever and I smiled slightly at his happiness.
We stood in line for the ferris wheel. My stomach was churning as we got closer and closer to the huge contraption. This was sort of like my dream except no one was yelling at me this time. Everything was peaceful.
We had finally reached the front of line and it was our turn to get on the ride. Liam helped me hobble onto the machine and he got in after me. Soon the ride was moving in circles. My heart jumped out of my chest as we reached the top of the ferris wheel. All of a sudden the ride stopped. Is this supposed to happen? My hands were trembling and I was shivering slightly. Liam wrapped his arm around me and I let his warmth heat my blood.
Our eyes locked in what was suppose to be a glance. I couldn't get rid of his hypnotizing gaze. His lips inched closer to mine and I met him halfway. As soon as our lips touched fireworks went off. Actual fireworks were lighting up the sky for miles around. My lips tingled and buzzed. The kiss was full of love, something that I've been craving for days now. I might not believe in fairytales, but that kiss was truly magical. I cherished every minute in his arms as the we descended back down to Earth. I love you. The words tugged at my lips, but Liam beat me to it.
"I love you." The second the words left his mouth I knew he meant it and I felt the same way too.
"I love you too." I whispered and he kissed me once again more passionately.

A/N: Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday! How are y'all liking the story? I just had to put in a ferris wheel scene (: