Chapter 17

Liam's POV
"Will you marry me?" She asked on her knees before me.
Marry? We're so young! I thought it was the boy's job to propose. I guess there's been a change of plans...
"Please answer me." She begged.
I looked at the girl that kneeled in front of me. She was the same girl that I had fallen in love with. The same girl that I had planned to ask to marry myself one day. Is she still the same girl now? A tear fell down her face as we stood right in the middle of a twister of silence. I got down on my knees and wiped away her tears. I grabbed her face with my hands and kissed her passionately.
"Did that answer your question?" I asked.
A smile broke out on her face. I'd never seen her so happy before. She slipped a ring on my finger and I sat there admiring it. I stood up and helped her up as well. She entwined her fingers with mine and swung our hands back and forth as we walked through the park.
"I wish I could show you how much I love you." She whispered.
"You just did." I whispered back. I kissed the top of her head and we continued our date at the park.
As we walked I couldn't help, but wonder... Am I ready for marriage? Snow flakes began to fall as we made our way back to the car. The white flecks looked beautiful on Danielle's hair. I still loved her, but who do I love more? Danielle or Arden?

Arden's POV
Liam and Danielle have been gone for ages now. It's been 4 hours. How long can they be on a date? I've never gone on a date before, but if I had I would know what time they should be back. I know I'm being a little overprotective here, but what would you do if the boy you loved was with someone else? I would scream, scream out all my problems. I would run away, as far away as possible so that I'd forget my feelings for him. I would self harm, so that the pain I felt for him would fade away and I would have to focus my attention on something else. Something more important...but nothing is more important than Liam. I sat on my bed and stared at the wall before me.
*Daydream*
I found myself floating in space. Drifting in and out of gravitational pulls. Earth was so far away. The universe around me felt empty and cold. There was so much space, but very little room to move. I was drifting farther away from the sun and the galaxy around me began to turn dark.
I felt myself being pulled again by gravity. This time I didn't fight it. I let gravity suck me in. Soon enough I found myself floating on Neptune. It was beautiful, but beautiful things can turn out to be evil. Their beauty can be used as an evil trick. If you fall for beauty's scheme then you will surely live your life with a curse. You fell in love with your eyes, not your heart. It's not true love that you found, it was a host love. If you thought it was love, then you haven't felt the true experience of it yet.
I started to shiver from the lack of sunlight and warmth. Everything that had kept me warm was gone. I felt lonely and unloved...my normal feelings. Maybe living on Neptune was good for me. Being isolated from loved ones will reassure myself that I won't feel love and get hurt anymore.
It wasn't long before a bright light ripped through the dark. Out of no where an astronaut landed on Neptune. I hid behind some rocks and watched as he scoured the planet searching for signs of life. He soon disappeared and I breathed a sigh of relief.
All of a sudden he popped up behind me. He grabbed my arms and held me there. I let out a shriek and struggled to escape. His grip was strong and firm and I couldn't break free. If only I could see through his mask I could see his features, his personality. He dropped his hands to his side and stood there. Staring, waiting. I reached up and touched his helmet that masked his face. He brought his hand up and touched mine, signaling me to stop, but I didn't. I lifted the helmet off of his shoulders and gaped at the person that stood before me. Liam...
"Liam." I breathed. He took his finger and put it to my lips shushing me. I stood there as quiet as I could be and stared at his beautiful face. He looked even more flawless in space. He began to trace the outline of my lips with his finger, and soon his finger traced the line of my jaw. I let him trace my body as I gave him kisses on his face. Soon, our lips met and we moved in sync, our hearts beating as not 2 separate and apart, but as an individual, as one.
The kiss ended all too soon and he began to fade away into the darkness. Gravity stretching us apart until I could no longer see him.
"Liam!" I cried, but it was no use. He was gone.
I fell to the ground unable to breath. The kiss we had shared had made us one. Without him here it's like I can no longer breathe. The oxygen is gone. Liam was gone. When you kiss someone, you are giving a little piece of yourself away. The more kisses you give, the more your giving yourself away.
The cold, harsh air surrounded my body as it layed on the ground unmoving. I could feel my lips beginning to turn purple. The scars on my wrist began to burn in the cold. It's as if the more cold I am, the more they re-open and bleed.
My heart started to slow and my breathing became heavy. I looked to my left and saw a heart shaped rock. I picked it up and used my shaking arms to break it in half. The once whole heart was now sharp and jagged and broken. I used the last of my strength to throw one half of the rock as far away as possible. I watched it float out into space and towards Earth. Maybe Liam will find it and realize the damage he's done. Maybe not.
I held the other half of the rock in my hand. I squeezed it as hard as I possibly could until blood oozed out of my hand. The drops of blood floated in the air and soon left in the same direction as the rock had went.
I layed there on the cold, hard ground and stared at the stars. They were beautiful from up close. Right before I closed my eyes, a shooting star flew across the sky. I then made a wish. I wished to never love again. Because loving just hurt too much. I kept my eyes closed and soon my heart beat faded away just as Liam had. My body dissolved into thin air as if I had never been here, as if I was never born.
*End of Daydream*
I heard the doorbell ring downstairs and shuffling feet across the hallway going towards the stairs. I decided I would go downstairs too. Once I reached the last step I saw everyone huddled around in a circle. I cleared my throat and everyone turned to look at me, leaving a gap in the circle so that I could now see what, or should I say who, was inside. Everyone turned back to their conversation and left me standing there dumbfounded.
Liam and Danielle.... They were- They had rings...on their fingers. Not just any normal rings, but wedding rings.
The world around me began to spin and spiral out of control. I lost the grip of my crutches and fell to the floor hitting my head on something hard. Last thing I remember was watching everyone chatting with Liam and Danielle and congratulating them on their engagement.
Their engaged...

A/N: HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!!!!!!