Chapter 15

Arden's POV
Have you ever been restless? Like no matter what you do you can't seem to fall asleep? Thats how I feel right now. I've been awake for hours. My mind has become restless from pain and hate. The pain mostly referring to my body, but the hate? The hate is all inside my head, buzzing around and screaming insults at me. Have you ever wondered how words got their meaning? I have. The definition of hate is simple. It's the intense and passionate dislike for someone or something. The very sound of the word 'hate' has evil and pain radiating off of it.
As I was deep in thought, I didn't hear the front door open and 5 boys plunder through the house.
"Arden!" Liam called. I took the rag off of my forehead and chucked it across the room. What do I do with all this stuff on the table? Bloody gauze and medications covered the surface of the table. I can't let the boys see it. They'll ask questions...and I'll have the answers.
"There you are." Liam said walking into the room smiling.
I pulled the blanket closer to my body so that he couldn't see the new injuries on my body. Even with the blanket covering my damages, I feel like he can see every inch of my body. Like he can see every little flaw about me. But no matter how hard he looks, he'll never be able to see what eats me inside. The detriment inside of me is like taking a flight through fire. It's like a constant battle with your mind...and you can never win.
"Are you cold?" he asked chuckling while sitting down on the couch by my feet. I sent out 5 million prayers within milli-seconds. I didn't want him to find out the newest blemish that's been added to my ugly body. I pulled my legs towards me and away from him, even though my body heavily protested.
"What's wrong?" he asked, seeing the pain in my face.
"N-nothing." I stuttered softly.
It's becoming easier for me to talk to the boys. I guess it just takes time. I haven't fully opened up to them. I've never opened up to anyone fully actually. I'm like a flower in the Spring waiting to blossom. You just have to wait for the sun to rise, the breeze to blow, then Mother Nature will do the rest. But Mother Nature can't fix everything can it? I mean fate could, but is fate even real? From my life experiences I think fate prefers to not step into my life and turn it upside down.
"Obviously something's wrong." he said sliding closer. Which in result, I drew my legs in closer to me.
"Nothing at all." I whispered.
I gripped the blanket so hard that I could feel my finger nails slightly tearing the fabric. He moved until he was right beside me. I felt like he was trying to see the pain of doubt through my eyes. He carefully took the blanket off of me, revealing my stains of brokeness. I watched his facial expression waiting for disguist to cross over his features, but it never happened. Only one emotion remianed on his face. Love. Simple as that. Love. It can't get simpler, yet it's so complicated.
"What happened?" he asked slowly, but carefully.
I can't explain the whole story because then I'd have to talk. Talking is just not an option, not yet.
"Things happened, but it's ok now." I told him gently, placing my hand on his.
"No, you'll get hurt." he said. What does he mean? Does he think I'm so fragile that I can't even touch him without breaking?
"How?" I whispered, my voice cracking.
"I'm with Danielle, not you. If we continue whatever this is, then one of us is bound to get hurt." he said moving his hand away from mine.
"Consider me hurt." I said getting up off of the couch.
I ignored the shots of pain in my leg and the calls from Liam and limped up the stairs. I have a broken heart and I can still breath. A broken ankle can't stop me from walking. Many things can be broken, but they can be repaired. It's sort of like a heart. A heart can be broken and it can heal, but sometimes hearts can't be fixed and they stay broken forever because the owner neglected it and tore it into tiny pieces.
Once I reached my room I layed on my bed and rested my aching body. I felt sad and depressed. I've been sad and depressed all my life, but this is a different kind sadness. I used to be lonely, but now I have people who care. But that's the problem. They care. I knew that caring for someone could get you hurt, but this is a different kind of hurt. It cuts deeper into me because I actually care for that person as well.
I heard footsteps come up the stairs and threw the covers over my head. My door creaked open and I braced my heart for more destruction.
"Arden." An Irish accent filled my room. Niall. I slowly peeked out from under my covers. Niall was standing at the edge of my bed fiddling with his thumbs.
"I brought you some oreos." he said shyly. I smiled at this.
"You're really sweet Niall." I said softly. He smiled and sat on my bed.
"The boys and I are having a movie night downstairs. Do you wanna come?" He asked. I shook my head. I didn't want to face him again. I'm just not ready.
"Please. You can sit beside me." he offered. I considered it and sighed.
"All right." I mumbled.
He carried me downstairs and sat me down on the couch beside him. I was across the room from Liam. I felt his eyes burn holes into me as he continued to stare at me. Harry put in Finding Nemo and we sat there watching the clownfish travel through the ocean. The whole time I felt Liam's gaze on me. It's like he wasn't even watching the movie.
I snuck a glance at him saw him catch my stare. He looked sad and regretful. Why? He's the one that doesn't like me. I shouldn't have believed it in the first place. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.
I heard a knock on the door and Liam left to go answer it. He walked back in with Danielle following close behind. A net of sorrow was cast over me as I watched Liam and Danielle cuddle into each other.
Out of everything wrong I've done, I trusted him....and that was the biggest mistake yet.

A/N: These chapters were written a long time ago so I apologize for any grammar and spelling errors. When I wrote this, I was going through the incorrect "your" instead of "you're" phase. Let me know how y'all like the story!