7.💎BACK HOME💎

Song of the chapter is Akwa ibom Ayaiya by Mish. Alyssa is not from Akwa ibom o but the major point is all about the love of home, you know?"
Anywats, please don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter if you enjoy it.
Happy reading
Susie cares😘

Alyssa, its so good to have you home." Devon said as he got my things out of the trunk.

"And it is so good to be home kiddo." I said, poking him in the ribs with my fingers.

"Ouch, when you do things like that, I'm not so sure I want you around anymore." He said glaring at me.

"Well then, it's not too late to turn around now is it? let me just greet Uncle then I'd be on my way." I said with a totally serious expression.

"you just got here you really can't be thinking of leaving now. Are you crazy?"

"Well, you just said you don't want me around so I'd just leave. Anything that makes you sleep well at night." I said as I looking away while folding my arms.

Devon sighed in frustration "Since when did you become such a dramatic drama queen Alyssa"

"Since when you started calling me Alyssa again. The last time I was with you, you called me Allie and my heart leaped for joy."

"Well..."

We were interrupted by the sound of hands clapping.

"Look who decided to drop by"

""Uncle Mark" I exclaimed as I went to give him a hug.
"Oroka sir" I greeted in my native dialect.

"Oroka Oma, awe le?" He asked in reply.

"I'm doing very fine." I replied, in English this time. "How are you? You look well."

"I am well indeed. Come in" he said while leading me in. Devon followed closely behind with my luggage in hand.

I looked around the house, nothing had changed. Well, very few things had changed. Like the fact that photos of uncle Mark's family were now hung on the walls instead of my parents' The master bedroom was now a museum for my parents things. I respected uncle mark for keeping their room sacred.

When my parents were gone, we needed someone to stay in the house so it wasn't desserted. Uncle Mark was more than happy to move in since at that time, he was still living in a rented apartment so it was more economical.

"Where's Chris?" I asked, realizing that i hadn't seen him since i arrived.

"Oh, he stepped out a while ago." Devon told me.

Chris was my favorite cousin, my only male cousin really. Uncle mark was the only person i knew from my mother's family. It always gave me so much concern because i knew nothing about where she came from.
Once, i had tried to ask uncle Mark for some clues but he simply told me that everything i needed to know would be told to me by my mum but when the time is right.
Well, so much so for the right time.
My mum is now nowhere to be found. So fucking awesome.
.
.
.
.
An assorted meal of pounded yam and egusi soup was served for dinner. I didn't have that much of an appetite but there was no way I could resist the chicken pepper soup that was dancing in front of my face. But aunty Bene as we fondly called uncle Marks wife wouldn't let me have a taste without eating first. She said I had lost weight and in my head, that was excellent news. In the end though, I ended up feeling like a stuffed turkey. I couldn't sleep for a very long time so I decided to text Henry.

"u up?"

His reply came in almost immediately.