Tate Langdon #3

Imagine...

The Bitter sting of the salt infused wind hurt. Hurt more than anything but it was good to feel. Her y/h/c locks danced in the moonlit breeze yet they never seemed out of place. Even with the grains of sand biting at her bare limbs blood never rushed to the surface to relieve her of the ghostly pale hue she now wore. It was only now she appreciated the simple things the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, the bright innocent twinkle of Orion, the sound the wind would make as it brushed a path through the reeds. If she could cry there would be no doubt in her mind that she would cry forever.

The others were angry, livid in fact but she couldn't bring herself to hate him. Y/N had never been the prom queen type standing awkwardly at y/h, don't get me wrong that doesn't mean she was unpopular or ugly. Quite the opposite. She had y/h/c hair and a gentle smile, her y/e/c orbs often overlooked but not by him. People warned her about him, the weird kid, the quiet kid. But that didn't stop the army of butterflies in hobnailed boots marching around in her stomach. "You coming?" Chloe asked breaking the girls harsh concentration. Shrugging Y/N sighed leaning further into the cheerleaders open arms, the two girls had become closer after 17 years of nothingness. "It's all my fault Chlo.." burning tears filling her eyes that would never fall. "You should be married and have cute little snot goblins by now." Every year was the same. The severity of the events from yesteryears finally coming back to haunt them. "You didn't know." The dark brunette whispered signalling to the others to help comfort Y/N.

"Like shit man you couldn't read his mind." Kevin stated still trying to wipe the dried blood off his hands. "ENOUGH!!!" Stephanie shouted throwing her hands up  "No offence but every year it's the same. You apologize and apologize for something he did as if you were the cause." Rolling her eyes Stephanie continued "And yet he got away with it. He forgot. And I have a fucking bullet in my brain to remind me of the choice HE made. Well he's about to get a rude awakening."

"I thought you liked me Tate." Y/N whispered delicately. The blonde teen in question looked terrified  "I did like... NO I do like you." with each word his voice broke more. Shaking her head the young girl disagreed "No Tate you didn't. You didn't even hesitate to put that gun to my head and pull the trigger." Tate shook in response, turning away, he looked like a kicked puppy, so confused as to why it hurt.  "Look at me now." she added nearly inaudible. "LOOK AT ME!!". She wanted him to hurt. "I could have been someone now I'm nothing but a name on a stupid plaque." Silence fell over the pair it was like everyone had disappeared. "I- I didn't mean to hurt you... I wanted to save you." Scoffing sarcastically Y/N walked away "Well you did a fantastic job there didn't you."