CHAPTER 47

I couldn't sleep...

I just couldn't sleep...

Not because I was anxious,

But

I was lovesick.

I've experienced this feeling before but it was not as strong as this.

Judi was everywhere! I just couldn't stop thinking about her. The thought that she was in my mind constantly reminded me that I was in her mind too. I don't know how far that is true but it's just a gut feeling. 

I'm a sound sleeper and I dislike the thought that I'm awake till three am this morning. I sat on my bed, pulled the sheets off, and switched on the bed lamp beside me. I take a deep breath and remind myself, 'Calm down.'

As I was letting out a few breaths a voice reminded me,' When you cannot sleep at night it's because GOD wants to talk to you right now.'

I have no idea when did I ever cognize this information. But somehow I obeyed it.

I folded my legs and sat straight. 

"GOD, it's been a really long time since we had a conversation. I don't know how to begin...." 

I huff.

"I don't know what do you want to talk to me about? Why are you keeping me awake? Why did you bring me back to Rosenmud to fall for my best friend? Why did you have to change Zedd...I mean Zebulun into a pastor? I don't know GOD? Whatever it is, you have a plan and I am nobody to stop you."

I lie down once again, but my mind still echos the words I just said and just like that sleep cuddles me. 

I wake up with a sudden jerk; the sound of the doorbell drags me to the door with a heavy head.

I open the door to find the most unexpected person in front of me. 

He had grown a stubble beard and his cocky face had turned soft. He wore ripped jeans, a white t-shirt, and a denim jacket. 

"Hey man!" Zebulun cheered, giving me a bro hug.

"How have you been bro?" Ignoring my astonished expression.

"Zed...Zebulun....is that really you?" 

"Of course it's me, bro." His voice echoed in my empty guest room.

"I know life has turned crazy since you left but I missed you, bro, I just wish you were there in the times of my struggle." He whispered the last words, that sank deep into me. 

"If you missed me so much why didn't you come after me. You know where I would be, right?" I say, folding my arms against my chest.

"You think I wouldn't have come after you?" He plopped on the bed beside me.

"Then why didn't you find me?" 

"I came to Marcus' Inc met Uncle George, he told me you had traveled abroad for higher studies. He called you many times but you didn't pick up. I didn't give up so I came after you to Drand , searched your college, your apartment and finally, I found you in a bar. You had been beaten and bruised all around so when I tried to pick you up, you sprang up and smashed my head with a bottle. I woke up several months later in an unknown city, thankful that I was alive."

I stared at him not believing my own ears. Did I do that? Yes, I struggled those days but I never thought I harmed my best friend.

"It's been a really long time and I'm healed completely so you don't have to blame yourself." He continued.

I dropped my hands to my sides, feeling hopelessly wretched about myself. I had tried to kill my best buddy and I never knew about it until now? My body shook as tears burst out of me, several sobs escaped from the mouth. He hugged me warmly, gently rubbing my back, assuring me with strong words calming my peccant soul. 

After I gather myself, we talk about things that are lighter and fill the remorseful air into laughter and joy. He invites me to church and I met his wife Leah. He also shared his testimony with me and expressed how his life has changed from the time he accepted JESUS

                                                                         xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"IF GOD CAN CHANGE NIGHT INTO DAY, THEN HE CAN TURN YOUR BURDENS INTO BLESSINGS."

 {JF Abraham}