CHAPTER 25

JUDITH's POV;

It's a sunny morning, the rays of the energy-sucking sun drink up the vapors of the green beings. My dad waters the parched ground, alarming us of our late schedule watering on a Sunday. My gloved hand's fiddle with the fresh soil ready for composting. I spread a single layer of moist soil then eggshells and another layer of soil with used tea leaves, repeating this like a crepe cake. Finally, I sprinkle some water and set it aside for two months.

My dad whistles a tune as he quenches the greenies. I recognize it later joining him in this melodious partnership. I collect water in a jar and fill the bird baths as my nose collects the sweet smell and my brain rings, "Pie!"

I run to the kitchen as my lips pronounce, "Pie!"

My mom stops me midway guarding the kitchen castle.

"Sweetheart, did you look at yourself? You are covered with dirt everywhere. Clean this mess or else no breakfast." She warns.

Mom is obsessed with cleanliness, she hates the sun, rain, soil, insects and the list goes on. She claims that she loves plants, but don't the plants depend on sun, rain, soil, and even house insects? Sometimes I wonder how she pictures a plant, in a laboratory or a forest?

I frown turning around on my heels heading upstairs. I slip into my bathroom, taking a quick shower, and change into my comfortable clothing. I do it so quickly coordinating according to the urgency of my stomach to get filled. 

I rush downstairs missing a few steps my feet resonating on the wooden steps. My parents occupy their chairs at the table engrossed in some talk. I guzzle my food down after grace, the pie sweetening my angered system. My parents' uncomfortable gawk stops me as I slow down my chewing. 

"Eat slowly sweetpea, you might get choked, "Dad informs.

I gulp down the water as my phone buzzed beside me, I glance at the screen to find an unknown number so I ignore it. Again my phone vibrates disturbing my parents, so I cut the call feeling fishy. After a few seconds, I receive a text message, I hesitantly unlock my phone and read the text," Judi!, it's me Luke."

I sigh thanking GOD that it's just Luke.

"How did you get my number?" 

"When you were asleep."

"Can you meet at the park near the food court?"

"That place you mentioned last time."

"Yeah."

"Sure, but this time don't let me hanging out there."

"I'm already here."

"Oh, I'll be there soon."

"I'm waiting."

I rush out of the house with a lame excuse to the place I recently love so much.

                                                     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

"KEEP PRAYING FOR YOUR FAMILY, GOD IS HEARING YOU."

                                                               AUTHOR's NOTE;

Tell me your gardening tips.

{JF Abraham}