CHAPTER 17

Hannah and I take a seat in the Wilson Stadium after an hour of searching for a seat at the overcrowded stadium. We were surrounded by a pack of fake yellow lions, all too excited even though there were no players on the ground. Is my school so overpopulated? the entire stadium is jammed! People exhibiting their Football fever with painted faces, tattoos, charts, flags, T-shirts, etc. 

"Do any one of your relatives own the stadium?" I ask Hannah, making her knit her eyebrows together. 

"Hannah Wilson- Wilson Stadium."I let her connect the dots.

"No way!.... I mean I don't think so." She protested.

"I think we should find out."

"Sure."Curiosity itched me.

The announcer arrives after a good fifteen minutes grabbing the attention of the whole multitude and spreading enough adrenaline to the faking lions giving way to the real lions. 

As they make their way to the field the stadium lungs out for them, the cheerleaders showing off their skills. My eyes immediately search for Luke who is in a serious conversation with the Principal and the coach and convey the message to his teammates. They turn to wave at the crowd, the crowd throwing cheers back at them. 

Luke waves at the crowd cheerfully as he comes to our side. I thought he randomly waved but when he started calling our names that's when I realized he noticed us. I awkwardly wave back at him and Hannah smiles nervously at his sharp gaze. There were a group of girls seated in front of us they sprung to their feet screaming, "He waved at us!" A million times. 

 Today's match was between the lions and the panthers. The crowd goes some boos to the panthers who are clad in jet black wear with a neon pink strip. I have no idea what football is! Honestly, I've just watched a couple of 'scenes' with Dad.

The match finally began with the dice-colored ball being kicked between the two teams. I couldn't differentiate the team's weaknesses, both being equally strong. Two muscular men guarded the goal called the goalkeeper doing a man-tastic job in guarding it. The game was paused indicating halftime (45 minutes) and the score being zero in both the teams. Luke playfully hung his arm around the panther captain's shoulder embracing a good friendship. 

Hannah had a weird neighbor seated beside her, I recognized him in our chemistry classes but it's the first time I find him obsessively talkative. 

"Hi! I'm Ethan." He was introduced and from that time until the end of the match he never shut his mouth. The conversation was rather informative about how Luke and Zedd(Panther captain) were childhood buddies. What happens when the score remains zero? The rules in football and many such. 

The scores remain zero making the audience impatient. The teams borrow extra fifteen minutes, making every seated individual sit on the edges of their seats. 

"Your alone Hannah?" Ethan inquires.

"No, I have Judi with me."Hannah points at me making him notice me for the first time. 

"Hi." I grin not knowing how to react.

"Hello Judi,.....Can I call you that?" He brings his right hand forward for a handshake. I nod shaking his hand. 

After a lot of effort, anxiety, impatience, eagerness, sweat, and roars. The Lions finally win. The whole crowd lungs for joy, Luke is been lifted after he kicks the final goal of victory. Ethan roars startling us by his sudden behavior, "They won after Seven years!"He exclaims, surprising our faces. We bid bye to Ethan and head down to find out Hannah's relation to the Wilson Stadium. 

We head towards the reception desk to find a granite stone being cemented on the white walls. The writings clearly come to my view,

"In remembrance of Mr & Mrs. James and Kate Wilson."

Below it were their birth and death dates. 

"Recognize anyone?" I asked glancing at her. 

"No."

We turned around to leave when someone comes swiftly scoops Hannah off the ground and embracing her tightly. Hannah stayed frozen in his arms, and the sudden impact jolting me. Luke's eyes fall on me and wink making me roll my eyes. 

"Thanks for coming." He says once he put her on the floor. 

Hannah's freaked face manages to congratulate him. 

He steals the Wilson cup from the lions gathered behind us and kisses it proudly. The cup was huge and shimmered under the white lights grabbing my eyes. It had a beautiful pattern inscribed on it making my hands itch to trace it. 

"Isn't it a beauty?" He perks

"You totally deserve it." It's the fact.

                                                                 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"FOR WHATEVER YOU DO, DO IT FOR THE GLORY OF GOD."

                                                                    AUTHOR's NOTE;

It longest chapter ever.....It's literally 750 words!!

{JF Abraham}