corbyn's hand rested on daniel's leg causing pleasant vibrations to rise through his body. "don't you dare to lie to me, dani." you're an idiot, daniel. his conscience reproached him, he has hurt me so much and i still look at him and sigh like a stupid, why can't i control what i feel? i want the feelings to have an on and off button, that would make things so easy.

feelings. that was a strong word, one that daniel didn't take lightly. but he knew that he had feelings for corbyn, he knew that he deceived himself by saying that he was 'falling in love with him' when the truth was that he was already in love and there was no turning back.

however, admitting what he felt didn't change anything, because corbyn didn't feel the same, so daniel had to swallow his feelings and move on with his life as if nothing happened.

almost in the middle of the first half, jonah was running with the ball alone, approaching the goal, everyone got up on the stands, encouraging him to continue. but then, the goalkeeper came out and ran towards the crashing against jonah in a dry blow. a scream of horror left zach's lips, and even daniel's, when he saw jonah on the floor, writhing in pain holding his face.

without thinking, zach ran tribunes down almost falling at the end of the small metal stairs. the small fence that divided the stands of the court stopped him, zach grabbed that fence as if life depended on it. he saw how jonah got up with the help of eben and harry and how they brought him to the edge of the court where the bench was and where zach was. the smaller boy was even more alarmed when he saw the blood coming out of his nose.

the narrator informed the audience. "wow, it seems that there was a big clash between the striker and the sweeper. the sweeper got a yellow card but the panthers are not satisfied. "

the coach handed him a rag and jonah took him cleaning the blood, his green eyes met zach's and the young boy couldn't help asking. "are you okay?" jonah just nodded.

and then zach realized he was pushing him too much. it was just a game. a cupid game. what the hell am i doing? why did i run here as the player's typical boyfriend? i am nobody for him.

angry with himself, he turned and returned to the stands where everyone looked at him strangely. daniel seemed the most confused of all. zach just didn't know how to explain that situation, and he obviusly wasn't going to talk about cupid in front of corbyn, so he thought of an excuse. "i'm covering the sports section in the newspaper so i had to find out about the conflict." zach said in a discouraged tone.

gabbie frowned, she was also in the school newspaper. "i thought tate always covered that section."

"not this time." zach replied sharply as he sat down next to margo.

the game continued, but the tension between the teams could be felt in the air. the panthers were angry at the unfair blow their captain received. jonah kept playing, checking his nose from time to time, there was no blood but daniel imagined it still hurt. poor boy.

it was almost the end of the first half when the best play of the game began, the midfielder made a long pass to jonah who after mocking two players, passed it to eben who ran to receive it at the side of the goal. everyone got up from the excitement, eben kicked the ball diagonally and it entered the goal through a corner at an impressive angle.

"goaaaaaaaal!" the narrator shouted. the place was about to explode, everyone jumped and screamed like crazy.

eben ran out with his arms outstretched in the air, celebrating the goal, he approached the stands and took the edge of his shirt lifting it showing something written on his stomach. it said: alien.

daniel didn't understand anything. he heard corbyn snort at his side and mutter under his breath. "what an idiot."

on the other hand, margo on his left side stopped breathing, bringing her hand to her mouth in surprise. eben's gaze met that of the freckled girl and he smiled at her before being hugged from behind by all her teammates, celebrating it.

"only love can make you so stupid." corbyn muttered beside daniel causing him to clench his fists angrily.

that's what corbyn thought of love. that it was ridiculous.

===
word count: 2029

did you get the alien reference?

𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜, 𝚌𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍