trece

for the second time in the afternoon, corbyn laughed openly. daniel didn't know what he thought was so funny because despite lying he wasn't trying to make a joke.

it was very easy to say this kind of thing with corbyn, unlike with jonah with which it was difficult for him to exchange more than one monosyllable, but daniel thought it was because he was in love with jonah and his nerves wouldn't let him talk.

the sound of corbyn's laugh was wonderful. when he stopped laughing he looked at him shaking his head. "you're crazy, why would i fall in love with you? you are not even my type."

daniel pursed his lips feeling hurt. those words, which were the same as he said at the party, still hurt. somehow corbyn made him feel insignificant saying that.

"we'll see that." daniel winked at him, wanting to shout at him for the frustrated he felt. "and maybe i'm crazy but my determination is impressive."

my determination and  son of a bitch aka cupid, daniel thought.

"i can see that." corbyn turned around and sat back on his side of the bench.

daniel spoke trying to calm the tension between them. "why did you come here at this time?"

"it's quiet and lonely."

"you like to be alone?"

corbyn shot him a look, putting another cigarette between those red lips that daniel would like to try again. "let's say yes."

at that moment daniel realized how little he knew about corbyn. "why are you still here?" corbyn's question offended the blue-eyed boy.

deso he want me to leave? wondered daniel

"i'm afraid to go back home alone."

"you will be safer in a dark forest than here with me." corbyn replied without looking at the boy sitting next to him.

"what do you mean?" daniel asked curiously. he wasn't afraid of corbyn, at least not in the way he used to be afraid of him before cupid.

corbyn exhaled the smoke from the cigar. "don't play innocent, daniel."

"i really don't know what you mean."

corbyn touched the point beside him before speaking. "come, come closer to me, don't be afraid because according to this bizarre situation i should be the one who was scared, little stalker."

daniel swallowed thickly, blushing, but obeyed like a puppet. he sat closer to him while corbyn kept smoking. they were silent for a while, which made daniel think he still couldn't believe he had said all those things to corbyn. a shiver went through him and he shivered a little, it was almost dark.

daniel glanced at corbyn's profile and his green eyes were looking at the horizon. god, he's so beautiful.

since the blonde boy had felt daniel's gaze, he turned his head to look at him. "what?"

"nothing." daniel said hurriedly and looked away.

daniel's phone rang and the blue-eyed boy saw that it was a zach the one calling him.