treinta y dos

eben and abigail were still in the water, but she was no longer on hhiser shoulders. and the boy's green eyes did not hesitate to settle on the place of conflict as he watched corbyn taking daniel away from jonah.

eben had never seen corbyn jealous so the situation only made him funny.

but that wasn't what interested him at that time. what interested eben was the brunet boy who had decided to sit down again and continue talking to his friends a little discouraged as if nothing had happened.

jonah marais, the other participant of the game.

"i didn't know that jonah also liked daniel." eben muttered without looking away.

"i don't think he likes him that way." abby replied, leaning on the curb of the pool, using her hands to pull out half her body and sit on the curb.

"he has to like him. look at what mess he has gotten into it just for daniel." eben looked away from jonah just to look at his friend feeling kinda confuse. what abby said made no sense to him.

"i think he has done it because of letter, eben." abby's voice was more lowed than usual. what cupid had asked jonah was something that neither eben nor abigail had thought it would ask at the end of the game.

"what letter?" asked jack approaching from behind them. the blonde boy was still dressed, only when he stood in front of them began to take off his shirt and shoes. "sorry, i know i'm late, sydnie had her car in the workshop this week so i had to take her to work. did i miss something?"

abby's heart was beating out of control. and this time it wasn't just because of jack's half-naked presence but because he had listened to them talking about cupid's letter. "nothing, its just eben. he has received a new cupid letter."

eben looked at her with a frown almost shaking his head. eben had not received any new letters and it was going to be hard for him to continue with his friend's lie.

"and what did it say?" asked curious jack while he put the tip of the big toe to see how the water was. the fact that it was a heated pool made the water not cold.

"i tried to convince him to tell me about it, but i got nothing." abby intervened trying to make the lie less complicated.

"yes, and i won't talk to you about cupid if you're going to laugh at me." eben said turning to turn his back on them while looking at jonah.

"come on, you have to admit it's pretty funny!" jack intervened before jumping into the pool.

"i don't think it's funny." abby said only when she checked that jack was out of the water.

"what?" jack looked confused. "i thought you liked that love story that cupid created, didn't you say that eben and margo were going to be adorable or something? although i doubt it."

the brunette girl shook her head. "i was being stupid. cupid doesn't create love stories, it just plays with people." abby noticed jack's confused look since this was the first time jack had heard her criticize cupid and also eben's look of surprise. the green-eyed boy even shook his head to warn her that she shouldn't tell jack about her cupid letter. mostly because it was about him.

"why do you say that?" asked the younger boy.

"because it's true. haven't you seen how bad eben has been feeling these months?" abby asked jack accusingly.