veintiséis

one day before
friday's morning

it was friday, zach arrived at professor mccain's class with plenty of time, took a seat in the corner of the fourth row. he took a sip of my hot chocolate because lately he was trying to avoid coffee. he took out his notebook next to his pen and ordered it on the table.

there were few people in the room, some gathered talking in groups and talking about their weekend plans. zach wasn't asocial, in fact he was the opposite. everyone knew zach and loved him, but today he didn't feel like socialicing. he was quite tired.

zach looked at his phone and found that neither margo nor daniel had spoken for the group they had. it was strange not to have seen them this morning in their respective lockers.

"hry, zach." the brunet boy looked up to meet a pair of green eyes and curly hair. it was harry, a boy older than him who went to the soccer team with jonah and eben. he even was also one of jonah's close friends.

zach frowned to see him there since he didn't share any subjects with people from courses above him. "hi, harry. what's up?"

"nothing, just wondering if you're friends with that freckled girl who is always with eben."

zach frowned even more. since when does margo always go with eben? and why is harry asking for her? has something happened to her?

"is margo okay?"

"yes, sure, margo." harry smiled again as he shook his head. "she's perfectly, i just wondered if you could give me her number."

the smallest boy almost choked. not that he thought anyone was going to be interested in margo, but lately she seemed to have more social life than him and that was not usual. "why do you want her number?"

"come on, zach. you know what i want it for." harry kept that smirk in his mouth. "give it to me and let her tell me no if she wants to."

zach wasn't going to give him her number, but when he heard harry he rethink it. margo should decide for herself whether or not she wanted to let harry enter her life.

the brunet boy gave him the phone number and watched as harry disappeared through the classroom door. at that moment he sighed, he missed knowing that someone might be interested in him, because with jonah everything was different, jonah did it for a game. and that ended up making zach asking himself if what he was trying with jonah was worth it or not. he threw the entire first class thinking about it and could not even attend when they were sent homework for monday.

"why can't my life be easy?" zach growled out loud without moving from his place since the next class was here.

"it would be boring, don't you think?" zach heard margo's voice sitting next to him. he was surprised to see her there since he had not heard of her presence until now. he hadn't even heard that they had changed classes and had mathematics now.

the atmosphere was silent when zach didn't know what to answer, maybe he should have asked her where she was or why she hadn't called him yesterday. that silence was broken when with a round of laughter and greetings, jonah justappeared. zach couldn't help directing his gaze to the entrance where he was with a beautiful girl. they laughed together at something and then she hugged him and then pushed and threw a kiss before he left.