ashley and gabbie seemed to be chatting, margo went down to get sodas when the narrator started with the announcements and zach seemed to not want to talk to daniel with the field-facing position and arms crossed over his chest.

"good night! welcome to the inaugural match of the municipal soccer championship this school year. welcome to the guest team the tigers of grenwich!" the outside team bar howled and shouted as they just bulged them. then the narrator continued. "now let's give a round of support to our local team: the panthers!"

everyone made a fuss, screaming and jumping, daniel included. however, corbyn didn't move at his side, he only watched him with a small smile peeking out his lips. margo returned with three drinks, one for her, one for zach and the third for gabbie who had asked for it. she sat next to daniel again and whispered. "do you want us to change places?"

daniel knew that he had to nod, that he had to move but it seemed that his body felt very comfortable with the little heat he felt when he had the contact of corbyn's leg with his. so he shook his head. "i'm fine, don't worry." he whispered.

"as you want." murmured margo shrugging. and after seeing how the players entered the soccer field she smiled and thought that maybe daniel didn't dare to make it clear to corbyn that he was not the only boy for daniel in the world, but she would do it for him. "i understand why you came to see every practice, dani." the blonde girl said raising her voice a little, corbyn turned his neck to focus on the conversation of the two. "all of them are very hot."

daniel was speechless, not understanding very well the situation. although he didn't know at what moment margo had decided to forget her shyness. maybe eben was really helping her with that, the blue-eyed boy thought.

margo used to go to see the practices with zach and with him since they were her best friends and probably the only friends she had at that time. but she never looked up to see the players, it was always about the notes or the book she brought.

seeing that daniel didn't respond her, margo continued speaking. "where is jonah?"

daniel moved almost involuntarily and pointed to the boy in black who was next to the referees and another boy from the other team. each team captain before playing the game had to greet the referees and decide with a coin who would start the game with the ball. daniel knew by heart the soccer protocol. zach tensed but he din't dared to say anything.

corbyn leaned over daniel to whisper something in his ear. "you said you didn't feel the same for jonah than before."

the blonde boy remembered the stupid game in his room where he practically asked daniel if his feelings for him were stronger than those he felt for jonah. and obviously daniel said yes. he said corbyn was more important to him than jonah.

the narrator appeared again when jonah lost in the coin game and the guest team was about to take out. "well, the time has come for the big game, ladies and gentelmen. let's applaud both teams and let's wish them all the best!"

the crowd shouted, raising their hands in the air. everyone next to daniel began shouting 'panthers, panthers' the excitement of the game leaked into his veins and for a second, daniel enjoyed it, forgetting that cocky boy at his side.

the blue-eyed boy also leaned down to answer in a whisper. "everybody lies, besson."

the rivalry between the two teams felt in the air. grenwich was the closest city and they always denigrated them, claiming they were talented villagers. they had made them swallow their words over and over again. the panthers had won several championships and even went to the state as long as they didn't pass the first tie.